Whither Vox?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Montauk, Jan 25, 2011.

1. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

2. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

I've been looking at this board for about a year on a fairly regular almost daily basis. In that time I might have seen two actual photos of him (was that really him in the wayfarer type shades and unbelievable vampiric black dye job?) and struggle to recall him posting any genuine well meant advice.

What I do recall is what I posted above. He was the Dennis Miller of this board. In so much hurry to demonstrate his hilarious wit and self perceived intelligence any value in what he had to say was lost. Whenever I saw him contribute to a thread it almost always caused me to groan inwardly and very rarely offered anything germane to the point being discussed. I have to wonder if before my time he was some kind of maven who drowned in jealousy once a significant chunk of igents found their way to this board and were able to approach and even eclipse his own level.

Now I do miss lufty and his vintage choices, and haven't seen many of TC's classy cuts lately.

You came too late. He used to post daily, and he had some of the best fits in WAYWRN. He also was a virtual encyclopedia on matters sartorial and had been around long enough to sample what most here never have (as well as having the means to do so). It was seeing guys like Vox on WAYWRN that provided me with the impetus to improve my own fits.

Was he snarky? Yes, Vox had little tolerance for idiots and he was more than willing to demonstrate that through posts. However, he also had a good amount of constructive criticism to offer and I, for one, was able to benefit from it.

Some people understood him, some didn't. Call me a sychopant, I don't give a fuck. He was one of the reasons why I enjoyed this board so much and he has given me excellent personal advice to improve my fits. He also had a cool weekly digest, that despite any protestations to the contrary, people desired to be included in. The lack of that digest was what prompted Spoo to initiate the Friday Challenges.

You came in on the tail end of things, so perhaps you did not get the full picture.

Mike

3. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
    There are several people on StyleForvm who can answer this question, including Senior Members Google and SearchFunction.

This should be pinned.

4. Pezzaturra

Pezzaturra Senior member

To answer the original question: "His wife put her foot down and finally told Vox to get a job!"

5. M.D.

M.D. Well-Known Member

Even I googled QED but still cant understand why Montaul said that in response to my comment. Did he agree with me or disagree ? [​IMG]

QED is used under mathematical proofs.
    Like this:
    The dude was absurdly funny--like an online men's clothing forum should be.
    Lots of proof that Vox was funny
    Q.E.D.

Or in short, he agrees with you...

6. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    i miss him, too. i learned a tremendous amount from him, though he had a completely different style. he was snarky, but never seemed to cross the line to mean-spirited ... well, only occasionally. i did get the impression that he was struggling even with that snarkiness lately ... witness the cute and cuddly thread. maybe he's just on a sanity break. i just hope he's left Mr. Sam unharmed.

7. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

8. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

Glad you're back. Hope you stay. Convince Manton to return too. And swing by dopey and RJman's place. We miss them.

9. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

Next up from Steed? Two jackets in W. Bill handwoven Donegal, done up with three patches, front cut, swelled edges, and three to two, with the more swept fronts that I'm doing on Steed SBs. I took delivery last week of a fantastic Steed DB in black Lesser Golden Bale with a faint gray windowpane: handsomely SF-unfriendly.

Pics please.

10. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

disappointed that such a small amount of nut slobbering could raise him from his slumber

11. Montauk

Montauk Senior member

Glad you're back. Hope you stay. Convince Manton to return too. And swing by dopey and RJman's place. We miss them too.

Vox is summoned! From the depths of his pockets!

It's morning on StyleForvm...

12. Neo1824

Neo1824 Senior member

welcome back B...hope you stick around!

13. ljrcustom

ljrcustom Senior member

I just had lunch with Edwin DeBoise and his son Matthew of Steed, and Edwin's brother John of Castle Tailors. Plenty of champagne and good conversation. And SR gossip, of course.

Next up from Steed? Two jackets in W. Bill handwoven Donegal, done up with three patches, front cut, swelled edges, and three to two, with the more swept fronts that I'm doing on Steed SBs. I took delivery last week of a fantastic Steed DB in black Lesser Golden Bale with a faint gray windowpane: handsomely SF-unfriendly.

For those of you with kind words, thank you. For those of you with unkind words?

Well done, but work on your technique.

- B

Hope to see photos of the most recent commissions from Steed. Have you had any recent fittings with Mina, if so how are things coming along?

-LR

14. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

For those of you with unkind words? Well done, but work on your technique.

- B

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

I just had lunch with Edwin DeBoise and his son Matthew of Steed, and Edwin's brother John of Castle Tailors. Plenty of champagne and good conversation. And SR gossip, of course.

- B

Pics, Bill!!!!

Would love to see you return to WAYWRN.

Mike