• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whiteheads, what are you supposed to do?

breakfasteatre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get the odd white head every so often and i have no idea what to do

usually i will use a sterilized needle to drain the pimple and then cover it in a spot treatment

this is like 25% effective, usually the whitehead will reappear by the end of the day

what should i be doing?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
toothpaste (not gel) or a baking soda paste should dry it out

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What you are doing is really the most effective thing. No chemical is going to get rid of the fluid in there.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don't know what you're supposed to do, but if i wake up with one, it's usually gone after my shower. i think the steam makes makes it ooze out.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Your post reminds me of health class in junior high school when the instructor flashed a slide on the screen of a dude's face with a purple triangle superimposed over his nose, mouth and chin.

"Don't ever, ever squeeze a pimple in the triangle," the instructor admonished us all. "It will most certainly lead to massive infection, and likely to a painful, agonizing death!"

Consider yourself amply warned.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like some people are confusing acne with whiteheads. My dermatologist has told me that pricking them it the only thing one can do with whiteheads.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might spot every other one with black ink for a pleasing poka dot effect.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I go in for the kill and pop those suckers then wipe with alcohol pads if I have them around, wash my face and apply a moisturizer.

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Your post reminds me of health class in junior high school when the instructor flashed a slide on the screen of a dude's face with a purple triangle superimposed over his nose, mouth and chin.

"Don't ever, ever squeeze a pimple in the triangle," the instructor admonished us all. "It will most certainly lead to massive infection, and likely to a painful, agonizing death!"

Consider yourself amply warned.

This can happen. It's not the rule, but it's possible.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hopkins_student
This can happen. It's not the rule, but it's possible.
Really?!? So I suppose the next thing you're going to tell me is that psychadelic drug use does cause chromosome damage?
confused.gif

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Really?!? So I suppose the next thing you're going to tell me is that psychadelic drug use does cause chromosome damage?
confused.gif

Actually, yes, but so would any sort of acid that you would ingest. The danger of a cutaneous infection in the "triangle of death" is that bacteria from the site of the infection could flow backwards into the venous sinuses that sit just below your brain, through which run the major arterial supplies to the brain. A thrombosis in the venous sinuses could choke off this supply of oxygenated blood to the brain.

ATM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211
You might spot every other one with black ink for a pleasing poka dot effect.
But please don't wear a matching polka dot pocket square. That would look weird.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
One method I've used in the past is to hold a washcloth wet with hot water on the whitehead, which draws it to the surface and opens up the pores to gently allow it to open up and drain. It always seemed to work pretty well.

The thing you don't want to do is to crack it open wherever and whenever you notice it, get the infected stuff inside on the rest of your face, and get whatever is under your nasty fingernails into the open wound. It's better to deal with this in the shower or while washing your face, while both your face and hands are clean and there is little danger of spreading infection around.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
The thing you don't want to do is to crack it open wherever and whenever you notice it, get the infected stuff inside on the rest of your face, and get whatever is under your nasty fingernails into the open wound. It's better to deal with this in the shower or while washing your face, while both your face and hands are clean and there is little danger of spreading infection around.
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! j, i was eating!!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads