1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

White windowpane sport coat - Linen-cotton opinion

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by huffman, Feb 5, 2016.

1. huffman

huffman Member

Some opinions needed here.

Would you say this white windowpane jacket in linen-cotton is too impractical? Would these look great with dark denim, navy cotton pants? Any ideas about matching pants is appreciated.

Regards

[​IMG]

2. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Senior member

Depends.

Do you already have the need for more "mainstream" sport coats taken care of? Do you live on a Caribbean island, or in Helsinki, Finland? Do you often wear sport coats? Do the color and the windowpane pattern flatter your complexion and your build?

"Impractical" is difficult to determine in a vacuum. And you've chosen not to provide much in the way of background information.

I don't generally care for sport coats with jeans. So, in my opinion, the jacket in question would not look great with denim.

But hey, that's just my bias. What matters here is your opinion. Do you think it would look great with dark denim?

Nantucket reds.

3. TOstyle

TOstyle Senior member

In general, I think it's awesome. It's not the most "practical", but it looks pretty awesome. For the summer at least - not quite something you'll wear in a northern country in the winter.

Go for it.

4. starro

starro Senior member

imo it's harder to find shirts that would complement.

5. Sterling-Suits

Sterling-Suits Member

Nothing is never too much if you know how to pull it off. I would be interested to know the colour of the windowpane. It would good to match the pants colour with the windowpane on the jacket. This smoothens out the jacket with the pants. For example if the windowpane is navy then navy paints would be complimentary. However, you don’t necessary have to compliment the pants with the jacket. You could contrast it cleverly, such as, blue jeans and add a blue pocket square on the jacket. This is just an example. The good thing is white goes with most things but very few people know how to make it look fantastic with colours other than Black or grey.

6. Testudo_Aubreii

Testudo_Aubreii Senior member

Nantucket reds or tan linen trousers are probably best with that jacket. I wouldn't buy it: the cotton in the blend makes the fabric texture too boringly smooth and the check too loud. It'd be nice if it were pure linen with a dark cream or sand-colored ground.

And jackets with a dead white ground are just generally unpleasing: too...antiseptic. (This one seems to be ivory, but the check makes it appear dead white.)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  7. TOstyle

TOstyle Senior member

I've got a cotton linen sportcoat just like this, exact same colours, and love it. The bold stripes make it anything but boring, and I think it goes great with blues and reds.

Was happy with the purchase and wear it a lot.

8. huffman

huffman Member

The color of the windowpane is navy
    The color of the windowpane is Navy. Thanks for the input. Much appreciated[​IMG]

9. huffman

huffman Member

Thanks for the input Testudo.

10. huffman

huffman Member

I went for it. It was going for $139 (sale). Made by Flynt. I'm sure I'll find the appropriate occasion for it[​IMG]

11. TOstyle

TOstyle Senior member

No-brainer for that price. I can GUARANTEE you're going to be happy with it.