Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

White shirt with high density texture

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by alvarpoon, Oct 23, 2006.

1. alvarpoon

alvarpoon Member

Hi. I'm a newbie here and I'm finding a smooth white shirt for summer. I want the fabric to have high density so that the shade of skin doesn't show even I don't wear an undershirt. I know oxford shirt may be able to do this but the fabric is too thick for the hot climate here in Hong Kong and it's not smooth enough. Could the gentlemen here recommend me a brand?
    By the way, thank all the gentlemen here for their opinion on men's clothing. It's difficult to say how much I learn from here.

2. pkincy

pkincy Senior member

I would recommend a visit to Jantzen or one of the other excellent tailors in your town. You should be able to find a 2x2 ply cotton that meets your needs nicely.

Perry

3. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

I don't wear undershirts either and never have a problem with skin showing under lightweight broadcloths. A more opaque cloth will be hotter (because of the decrease in breathability), but you can try some herringbones.

4. A Y

A Y Senior member

The new Alumo 3-ply 160s broadcloth is light, substantial, and fairly opaque. At certain angles, you can see the weaving patterns, but check it out to see if it fits your needs. It's a pretty expensive cloth.

--Andre

5. thelion1856

thelion1856 Senior member

I bought these at a store in san diego. they are a plain white "western style" long sleve shirt with western embroydery. They are thick like u say. So they are out there but hard to find. I got this at a men's boutique store with some rare brands.

FRONT
    [​IMG]

BACK
    [​IMG]

EMBROYDERY CLOSE UP
    [​IMG]