• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White rabbit on my chest

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Along with my odd vest indulgence taken which you can see on the FNB.com home page http://www.filmnoirbuff.com/article/dream-weavers, I made up a couple of fun ties. This is a mini photo series of a tie from art drawings to completion at Drake's with Vanners weaving the silk. Both are UK firms demonstrating a beautiful, traditional art form with some modern improvements.

Skyler

Reaction score
Okay, hate like hell to admit it but that's pretty cool, if not vaguely creepy.

Wabbits... Who would've thought?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The tie I love; the waistcoat not so much.

Still, both very fun items indeed. Hope you enjoy wearing them!

EnglishGent

Reaction score
As a side note, I once spent an evening in the Vanners factory, most enjoyable.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
p1040047wm4.jpg

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
On a side note, can someone explain to me what on earth the white rabbit has to do with FNB? Has he read the book?
confused.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
On a side note, can someone explain to me what on earth the white rabbit has to do with FNB? Has he read the book?
confused.gif

I don't know, but since you are unlikely to get an answer yourself, let me help.

Hey, FNB. Why is the white rabbit your motif?
Hey, FNB. Have you read the book?

Just curious.

(manton: I'll let you know if I hear anything. OK?)

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I think this is pretty cool. I read the article some time ago and thought so then and wondered why you didn't post it here then.
You really can't think of a couple of reasons why I would hesitate?
My recollection was that you ended up with two sizes of print. Do you have close-ups of them?
There needed to be two types of weave because of the different directions a tie's silk and a waistcoat's silk are cut. The tie was an after thought deep into the process of getting the vest silk made and while I needed a larger rabbit for the vest ground I didnt bother to consider the rabbit's scale for the necktie. I was considering doing a reduction of the rabbit and getting several other colors. However, i haven't quite made up my mind, there are reasons why the larger rabbit makes sense.

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
confused.gif

Follow your sartorial white rabbit. Nobody expects the sartorial inquisition.

I can has cheezburger?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I don't know, but since you are unlikely to get an answer yourself, let me help.

Hey, FNB. Why is the white rabbit your motif?
Hey, FNB. Have you read the book?

Just curious.

(manton: I'll let you know if I hear anything. OK?)

Are you going to commission a dwarf-motif tie?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJmanbearpig
Follow your sartorial white rabbit. Nobody expects the sartorial inquisition.

I can has cheezburger?

Are you going to commission a ManBearPig tie?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
So let me get this straight, the LL and AA ties were laughable affronts to good taste that only deluded IGent dorks would even take a second look at, much less buy, but this is stylish? To say nothing of the inherent cyber-egomania underlying it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads