• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

white/plain/leather hi-tops

Ott

Reaction score
winter is coming quickly where I live and I've probably got a month tops before it snows. As of right now, I pretty much live in my filthy white canvas (USA made) Jack Purcells. Wear them about 90% of the time. However, they won't cut it once the bad weather rolls in.

I'm looking for recommendations for a simple, slim, classically styled, leather (non perforated for obvious reasons) pair of hi tops.

Springcourts are awesome but I can't find anywhere to get them online. Chucks are the obvious answer but I already have a pair and they aren't really comfortable.

any suggestions?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ott
winter is coming quickly where I live and I've probably got a month tops before it snows. As of right now, I pretty much live in my filthy white canvas (USA made) Jack Purcells. Wear them about 90% of the time. However, they won't cut it once the bad weather rolls in.

I'm looking for recommendations for a simple, slim, classically styled, leather (non perforated for obvious reasons) pair of hi tops.

Springcourts are awesome but I can't find anywhere to get them online. Chucks are the obvious answer but I already have a pair and they aren't really comfortable.

any suggestions?

Stels carries Springcourts, or did, and I believe that they had the white leather hightop. They do not have a webstore, but will do phone orders.

jookz

Reaction score
I have a pair of white leather chuck lows that I really like. They have a baby blue accent/running stripe; it goes rather well with the indigo that's rubbing off from my jeans. Gives them a bit more character than your generic pair of chucks imo.

You can try to find some Common Project his, if nom de guerre has them/ships. Besides that I think you might be hardpressed to find a decent pair of stylish white hi tops. Unless you go for a dunk, or maybe an adidas hi, and the Springcourt which you already mentioned. I'd suggest Dior and such, but I'm guessing thats on the high side.

Anyway, I have a pair of hi top leather chucks for sale if you change your mind about them. All white, like this: http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/7618733/c/46276.html
A lot cheaper, of course.

Ott

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Stels carries Springcourts, or did, and I believe that they had the white leather hightop. They do not have a webstore, but will do phone orders.
thanks. I emailed Stels but I'm not sure if they'd be willing to ship to Canada (probably not).
Originally Posted by jookz
Common Projects
ugh don't tempt me
laugh.gif
CPs are exactly what I'm looking for, but the price is way too high for me.

minya

Reaction score
If you wore Common Projects sneakers out in the salty-ass filthy dirty sludgy snow I'll kill you.

Ott

Reaction score
Originally Posted by minya
If you wore Common Projects sneakers out in the salty-ass filthy dirty sludgy snow I'll kill you.
shoes are meant to be worn minya
boxing[1].gif

(although we don't get as salt happy here in Alberta)
Originally Posted by HEWSINATOR
What about Vans Sk8 highs?
good choice, though they aren't as slim as I like. I might have to settle for them if it snows soon.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ott
thanks. I emailed Stels but I'm not sure if they'd be willing to ship to Canada (probably not).

ugh don't tempt me
laugh.gif

CPs are exactly what I'm looking for, but the price is way too high for me.

I could pick them up for you (just buy them and tell them Fok will pick them up, they know me) this weekend. I'll do it for the price of lunch and public transit. nd shipping, of course. PM me.

Ott

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I could pick them up for you (just buy them and tell them Fok will pick them up, they know me) this weekend. I'll do it for the price of lunch and public transit. nd shipping, of course. PM me.
thanks, I may take you up on this. Are they priced similar to the ones on steveanalan?

Ott

Reaction score
I'll probably PM you soon, as soon as I can sell the stuff I have up in the Buy/Sell forum
smile.gif

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
I got a pair of perforated white springcourt hightops from someone on the other board and they are pretty nice. I think that's a good choice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads