1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

white or off white blazer

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by masterpp, Jun 2, 2006.

1. masterpp

masterpp Well-Known Member

hey guys i just bought a satin effect blazer from zara. its nice and fitted, but when i tried it on with my white jeans, i noticed that the blazer was really quite off white, ivory or egg shell. i mean in looks very different.

what do you guys think is cooler for this season, bright maritime white, or this kinda satiny off white!

cheers

2. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

Do you have a picture or link to a product page for it? Off-white is pretty tasteful if you ask me, I wouldn't worry about it.

3. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

The off white will be a bit softer and more subdued, while the white will be louder. I don't think you should wear either with white jeans.

4. mdfiodor

mdfiodor New Member

Blazer and white are not synonimous.

Blazer is, esentially, a navy blue double breasted jacket with special buttons.

The white one you have is a jacket.

5. Flame

Flame Senior member

Or a sportscoat, technically.

Off-white is more versatile IMO. I would prefer it over the bright white.

6. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

I'm wearing a light cream coloured one with very, very subtle pinstipes of white today (double-breasted).

koji

7. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Koji, what pants are you wearing with it?

8. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

Blazer and white are not synonimous. Blazer is, esentially, a navy blue double breasted jacket with special buttons. The white one you have is a jacket.
    I guess all our two button navy jackets with special buttons never have counted despite that everyone calls them blazers...

9. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

Koji, what pants are you wearing with it?

Black.

koji