• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White Mountaineering

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a couple items by WM bought from Haven, pretty happy with it. Still on the fence about the Cordovan Sleeved long varsity jacket though. Sizing on these things runs a bit big.

On a side note, if anyone has those espadrille boots (sold at end earlier this year) in a UK10 or US11 i'll take them off' your hands in either colourway. Bedwin is cool too, but very small. Deluxe clothing is my other current fave. The thunderbolt pants are siiiiiiiiiiiick.

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally a little bit of competition, hopefully it'll drive prices south a bit.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
ODIN on Lafayette got their first shipment of WM: knits, shirts, and socks as far as I know. I haven't been in but I'll probably go check it all out tomorrow

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just saw that Hunting&Collecting will be stocking WM again this winter, WILL HANDLE

Last edited:

uhavenokliu

Reaction score

ODIN on Lafayette got their first shipment of WM: knits, shirts, and socks as far as I know. I haven't been in but I'll probably go check it all out tomorrow

Update us!! Any outerwear?

Kind of surreal seeing WM coming to US shores

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite label that I cannot afford.

catchh

Reaction score

nice shirt. can you comment on the sizing?

Fits perfect on me, I got a Medium (2) it says on the tag. I'm a Small in EG. White Mountaineering is smaller than EG so sizing up one is a must. I'm around 5'8 5'9 135 pounds on the slim side. Hope that helps!

I can't afford it either, but its worth it to save up for one shirt if you can! I highly recommend!

Last edited:

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

take back my lulz page 1 dismissal this label is the ****

I dunno, all that Junya manly tech/americana/outdoor thing can provide some nice pieces, for example I like SNS Herning knits, but as a fashion line it sounds so restrictive and kinda on its way down. Nigel Cabourn seems to have deeper roots and range going for it + its more geek than fashion. WM is like what I dislike about Junya coupled with Visvim. Oh and anyone wearing fun socks should die.

Last edited:

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I dunno, all that Junya manly tech/americana/outdoor thing can provide some nice pieces, for example I like SNS Herning knits, but as a fashion line it sounds so restrictive and kinda on its way down. Nigel Cabourn seems to have deeper roots and range going for it + its more geek than fashion. WM is like what I dislike about Junya coupled with Visvim. Oh and anyone wearing fun socks should die.

I'll completed agree that it's absolutely restrictive, but more than anything it's just fun. I mean it's interesting to geek out with NC and the attention to detail is phenomenal and I doubt any of the more classic Cabourn pieces will ever look outdated or even untrendy, but right now there is a large group of people and designers interested in taking [one of or] a mix of heritage, americana, tech/outdoor stuff and just have some fun with it.

This is immediately apparent in something like Junya collections, which for as long as I know have taken some theme of american life or culture and taken "classic" pieces dealing with this theme and added playful twists or concepts to everything. Sometimes subtle and sometimes extreme, but the whole idea of all of this being "kinda on it's way down" is irrelevant because the appeal is immediate and I don't think it's ever portrayed as anything but.

You can buy a $1500 WM goretex shell with an allover print of some reworked tribal pattern, and yes the construction will be impeccable but I really don't think anyone buying that is doing so under the impression that they will be attached to this piece for a long time, or that it will be relevant in time. Maybe someone buying a black Patagonia shell will feel this way, but there is still a good chance they'll pick up something new in a few years anyway. For the WM guy it's just an immediate appeal to wear something fun with a pretty cool concept behind it.

I'm writing a lot of words about this because my personal style and stance on fashion in general is pretty closely tied to all this that I'm talking about. We have plenty of "classic" menswear/sportswear, and the past few years have seen a massive resurgence in men caring about what they look like and it's been tied closely to this, since it seems easier for the male population to swallow fashion when it's something they can feel like their dad/grandfather wore and what "real men" wore.

As I'm sure you know this is just as much a trend as anything else and will tire as quickly as anything else, so in the meantime why not have some actual fun with your clothes? So you (not you personally Fuuma) wear a Harris Tweed vest with suede elbow patches just like your dad's favorite professor did. so what. Check out this ******* blazer made of neoprene with an all over print of that tweed. In 5 years when tweed blazers are no longer hip it won't matter either way, but there's no reason to dismiss something current just because it's "restrictive and on it's way down." Critical mass had been achieved in americana/heritage a few years ago as far as I'm concerned, so for now it's fun to ride the wave of exaggerated twists on this while it lasts.

Edit: see my thread for more people and labels having some fun with their clothes while not pushing any boundaries of design.

Last edited:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sweet. Looks like I gotta head over to La Esquina for some tacos, then head to Odin to ogle all the new stuff I don't have the cash for. :):embar::(::rolleyes:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads