• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White Mountaineering

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of the pieces that caught my eye, followed by an initial reaction to the collection:

My initial reaction is that this collection is most likely the weakest one since probably S/S '10. There are honestly more ugly, entirely unwearable pieces than there are attractive, wearable ones. Some patterns are good (art-deco, Nordic, flower/vine) and some really really bad ones that are used wayyyy to often. Shoes this season are a rather lame rehash of last seasons, with slightly worse design. Some of the hats and bags and scarfs are pretty great though. Shirting is almost completely bad, some pants look decent. Most surprisingly, the outerwear is almost a total loss. I could barely find 2 pieces out of like 15-20 that I'd actually wear, let alone drop a grand on. I have a lot of faith in WM as a company, and I really hope this isn't the collection that spells their doom.

RuffyD

Reaction score
The only piece that looks mildly interesting

Even the day packs look terrible....

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wonder how it did for stockists. Keep an eye on yoox btw, picked up some basic wm cargos (I think fw11) today.

May have a preview of ss13 next week

s3lam

Reaction score
I just got this. Not sure if I am gonna keep it.
DSC_0613.jpg

DSC_0616.jpg

s3lam

Reaction score
It is a size 2. You are right. It really is a nice piece but not sure if it is for me.

Let me know if you are interested.

That's a pretty nice piece. What size is it?

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude that's one of my favorite pieces from the season! What's not to like about it?

Post a fit, we can give better advice on it then

bluep

Reaction score
Seriously one of my favorite WM pieces. Looks kind of hard to pull off though.

s3lam

Reaction score
Yeah def nice to look at and pics on tres bien model made me pull trigger but you are right might be hard to pull off. I dont mind keeping it to add to collection and just to look at lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads