• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

White linen sport coat?

hoser

Reaction score
Who has one, who wears one, and with what? I picked up a white linen sport coat as a holloween costume, but it fits nicely except the sleeves. Before I spend money on altering it (I could just use tape to shorten sleeves) thought I'd see if these are in style right now and how you wear them without looking like Miami Vice!

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine are off white.

They get worn all summer. With what? Depends. Everything from jeans to linen pants.

Of course I live near an Italian beach and next to what the tourists wear a diaper would look good.

hoser

Reaction score
Mine is pretty much white. Got it to go as a costume...but it looks pretty good! Just thought I'd see if they're in style right now or not.

I may look for some khaki tan pants of similar fabric, just to have something.

Ianiceman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a white picque cotton blazer. Also a white linen suit and a beige natural linen suit. Wear them with camp shirts to avoid the MV look. Wear the white jacket with jeans (white or dark) or some mid blue linen strides and desert boots or driving mocs. It's a great look for a warm climate.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have had a few Ivory jackets. I find that pure white gets dirty easily and detracts from what you are wearing.

Maccimus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off white SCs are quite common. I have one and wear it with almost any kind of pants.
Just curious to know are there any crisp white SCs?

hoser

Reaction score
Got mine on sale at Macy's. Perry Ellis. They were suit separates, but they were out of my pant size. I doubt I'd get the matching pants anyway, but they did have some khaki colored in same fabric.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have nothing against them in principle, but, they aren't really practical. The last thing I want, is the constant worry that the bloody thing has picked up a stain.

Will C.

Reaction score
Either the jacket or the white trousers by themselves are better than a white suit in my opinion - looks less like you're running a cocaine empire, or are Tom Wolfe.

I might pair the jacket with a white and blue candy-stripe shirt.

Boss1982

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hoser
Got mine on sale at Macy's. Perry Ellis. They were suit separates, but they were out of my pant size. I doubt I'd get the matching pants anyway, but they did have some khaki colored in same fabric.

Macy's in Louisville, KY were selling those for 9.99 - White and Cream colored linen jackets.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.