• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White Jeans

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking into getting some Levis 501 in white, they actually fit me well (no dad's jeans). Anyhow, something still holding me back.
I know they are cheap but still don't want buy crap I'm gonna end up not using.
I was thinking about white jeans, double monks in brown/tan, light blue linen shirt with or without sport coat. Does it sound reasonable?

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My hesitation on those particular white jeans is that 501s, when worn properly, tend to look like "Dad jeans," considering how high the rise is. When worn where jeans today should be (closer to the hip), the seat ends up being way too baggy, and the crotch hangs too low. For the look you're describing, I also think the red tag and Levi's stitching on the back pockets will detract from its casual elegance.

I like white jeans and own a pair myself (well, not bright white, but still white), but I would go with a lower rise.

As far as the outfit, I prefer a slip-on with white jeans, and probably would go sockless. The rest of it sounds just fine.

Knucklehead

Reaction score
I think they're versatile and you should get them. They look good with a dark top (like a dark field jacket or SC) and dark shoes (burgundy loafers or black boat shoes). I could easily see them working well with tan monkstraps. Get 'em! Now that I think about it, I think I'll go get some!

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Levis white jeans are going to be bad man, real bad. Check out Burberry's white jeans, they're stylish. I think Diesel has some reasonably priced styles.

Knucklehead

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirGrotius
Levis white jeans are going to be bad man, real bad. Check out Burberry's white jeans, they're stylish. I think Diesel has some reasonably priced styles.

I think different jeans are suited for different body types. Some Levi's look good on some people. Others may prefer Burberry's or Diesel. For instance, I like Levi's shrink-to-fit jeans but I've heard some people complain about them being "dumpy." I think those people probably have flat butts and scrawny legs.

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^agreed, by the way jeans are way to casual for the cat lab
laugh.gif
Only bespoke 3 piece suits are allowed in our cat lab
laugh.gif

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only suitable from Memorial Day to Labor Day.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by westinghouse
Only suitable from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
That applies only to women's handbags and shoes. And even then it's more of a guideline. For men, the rule is: wear fabrics with weights appropriate to the temperature. White is a ******* neutral, and the sharp contrast of white against darker items looks great in winter. White and pastels is a summer look, but you don't have to wear white with pastels.
Originally Posted by Michael34
I think it sounds cool, you should get em. I like white jeans too and have about three of em. The only problem with white is that when you go partying, they might just end up being damaged or stained forever.
You suck at laundry. With a little work I was able to get some grease stains out of mine recently, after I rather stupidly messed around with my car while wearing them. There are still traces, but you would have to be looking for 'em. And apart from set in blood, there's not a harder stain out there. And if you're getting them bled on at a party, then you can catch it fresh.

PTWilliams

Reaction score
I wear these often, even after being on this forum for a couple of years now. They are the much-hated Kiton jeans. Once the entire funnel from a coffeemaker spilt on them, which I attended to quickly, and they remain quite presentable. They do require frequent laundry, much more than blue denim. The instructions say to dry at night. They are a nice break from the sea of blue and black that seems to predominate casual wear. Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
white pants are great with light brown dandy shoes in hot & sunny weather.

white denim ... pros are thick, not so transparent when wet or worn slim, and look like jeans so they are not as loud or conspicuous ... cons are hot, are often worn by women ...

501s are not a bad or a dad cut ... esp. the current ones

i think you should go for it ... give it a try ... esp. with your plan ... i think they work best with light blue, other summery soft pastels

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads