1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

White Jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Magic44, May 11, 2006.

1. Magic44

Magic44 Member

What are peoples views on white jeans? I know a bit euro perhaps but really into them. Was wearing them yesterday and they seem to get the strangest stares.

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

? No problem with them over here. I think they go well with a lot of lighter colored shirts.

3. gza

gza Senior member

I like them too, but in a more limited range of fits/cuts than indigo jeans. They look a little bizarre and are more difficult to pull off when they're very loose or very tight, as well as when they have a pronounced bootcut or taper. 501's look good in white, but even better would be something with a little lower rise. It's too bad APC doesn't have a white New Standard; that would be a kick-ass pair of jeans. I also like some of the treated white denim from Helmut Lang and Diesel (at least the more subtle variety, rather than the kind with huge amounts of fake dirt splotched everywhere).

4. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

I personally like them if you have a thin build. I wouldnt mind a pair myself but the gf has put her foot down that I will not wear white jeans, at least in her presence.

5. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

I just bought a pair recently. I can't really see wearing them at home in San Francisco, but outside of the city they should be fine. Wife was skeptical but really likes them now that she sees them.

6. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

7. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

wear white under the blue sky

That is precisely the reason that I will avoid my white jeans at home. Not much blue sky.

8. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I have a pair of RRLs, and I like them a lot.

9. DNW

DNW Senior member

I have three pairs, 1 Levi's 501 and 2 Diesel Raboxes. I wear mine with light color button down shirts or polo shirts. I have no problem wearing them in the spring or summer time.

10. StevenRocks

StevenRocks Senior member

It's not my look, but if you like them, it's cool.

11. FrancescoGoya

FrancescoGoya Member

It is pretty suitable in golf courts I guess...but it is pretty unusual and the stares you get are justified.

12. gza

gza Senior member

I have a pair of RRLs, and I like them a lot.
    I had no idea there was ever an RRL model that came in white. Where did you find them, and what is the fit like?

13. KingKongLives

KingKongLives Active Member

are white jeans made out of denim that was dyed white instead of indigo-dyed?

14. Magic44

Magic44 Member

I think some are died optic white from the raw 'greige' colour which makes them really bright. A lot of companies seem to make them a cream/white these days so they look close but then don't get that extra bit of whiteness that sets them apart.

Who does pure white denim I am not so sure anymore

15. kapay

kapay Well-Known Member

Castro Valley, Oakland, San Francisco California
    When I was a teen in the early 2000's I used to wear baggy white jeans and white shirts, hats, shoes etc... sounds hideous now but i got a lot of positive attention from teenaged girls. Now it's mid 2000's and i'm 20. The only white pair of jeans i have are a pair of Levi's 501's hemmed so i wouldn't step on them w/ sandals on. As much as I like white clothing, I'm not sure when I'll ever see myself wearing them again. Maybe so. cal.