• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White Dress shirts

mmhollis

Reaction score
Why is a regular white dress shirt so hard to find! I went to Macy today (only because I have a gift card) and I couldn't find one white dress shirt with a spread collar. Not one! Where do you guys get your white dress shirts from? I am not interested in cuffs.

Keon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mmhollis
Why is a regular white dress shirt so hard to find! I went to Macy today (only because I have a gift card) and I couldn't find one white dress shirt with a spread collar. Not one! Where do you guys get your white dress shirts from? I am not interested in cuffs.

There is so much wrong with the text I've put in bold that I don't know where to start.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

where do you live

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For basic ones try Brooks Brothers. Thomas Pink is a more expensive option.

mmhollis

Reaction score
I live in the Washington, DC area and I'm willing to spend at most $100. It's my understanding that BB shirts run a little loose, is this true? If not then I'll give them a try. I'll also try Thomas Pink, I have just always seen there shirts with cuff links.

level32

Reaction score
I live in the Washington, DC area and I'm willing to spend at most $100. It's my understanding that BB shirts run a little loose, is this true? If not then I'll give them a try. I'll also try Thomas Pink, I have just always seen there shirts with cuff links.

What are your stats like? BB slim fit might work for you.

sjd

Reaction score
I too am looking for a white shirt, however I'm looking for a thicker cotton. Nothing looks worse that a white dress shirt that you can see through.

mljones99

Reaction score
I've got several white dress shirts from Nordstrom. Their house brand are only like 60 bucks full retail.

Felix Krull

Reaction score
With their low nominal cost, dress shirts should ALWAYS be made-to-measure at the very least, bespoke if you're employed and single. Nothing looks worse than a man's shirt billowing out of his trousers like a flying jib sail. If you spend more than $100 per tire for your car then you have no excuse not to spend $150 on a made-to-measure shirt that people will see you in all day.

And unless you work at IBM or Microsoft, you don't need a pocket for your pens and calculator on the front of your shirt. With that said, if you live in the southeastern United States you might give this gentleman a call: www.customsuit.com or simply find the nearest Tom James or equivalent in your locale.

Musiclover

Reaction score
I like the BB Black Fleece oxfords, which also comes in spread collar.

Poshak Man

Reaction score
Check Marshalls for Ike Behar shirts. White shirts can be found frequently in the $30-$40 range.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads