white denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by west coast wonderboy, Mar 27, 2007.

1. arenn

arenn Well-Known Member

Doesn't APC itself make white denim?

2. theshonen8899

theshonen8899 Senior member

I was looking into getting a pair as well. It seems like it's becoming more popular for white jeans to be worn in the summer, as GQ has posted an article about it here. Are the white 501's light? I remember wearing jeans all last summer and it was hell because I hated wearing shorts.

3. CyrusWong

CyrusWong Member

They are 100% Cotton.

4. west coast wonderboy

west coast wonderboy Senior member

would APC's in white be as prone to stretching as their dry models? I have a pair of old cure's in 31 that're perfect post-stretch.

5. DNW

DNW Senior member

I know 501's, I just meant what quality denim do they make them in... basic, mall denim quality or higher end, actully nice denim quality...

Just basic quality, which isn't that bad in this case.

6. StraightEdge

StraightEdge Member

My suggestion is DON'T FOLLOW TREND! White denim and color denim (red, green, cream...) will go out of style very quickly.

7. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Senior member

Just basic quality, which isn't that bad in this case.

wise words. When you're buying white jeans, you want to pay as little as humanly possibly, becuase they will be white for about 45 mins after you buy them.

8. west coast wonderboy

west coast wonderboy Senior member

wise words. When you're buying white jeans, you want to pay as little as humanly possibly, becuase they will be white for about 45 mins after you buy them.

ha, I'd actually like them to have a slightly dirty patina... otherwise i'd feel like mr. clean, or a painter.

as for the trendiness of them, that's unfortunate. I've wanted some for a while, just haven't gotten around to it till now. also just because something's 'coming into style' doesn't mean it can't make a good look once it's come and gone.

9. theshonen8899

theshonen8899 Senior member

My suggestion is DON'T FOLLOW TREND! White denim and color denim (red, green, cream...) will go out of style very quickly.

Trend or not, I still think white jeans look clean and sophisticated when worn right.

10. interman

interman Active Member

I've tried on the Acne Mix White Stretch (I think), and they're pretty nice. Unfortunately I have a too muscular build to pull them off, but I can imagine they'll look good on someone skinny.

Tiger of Sweden and J.Lindeberg also have some relatively skinny ones that I believe are straight leg, and those'll probably work better for me.

Oh and the beforementioned H&M ones are great for the price. Really nice fit, but the cotton / polyester mix (to avoid stains) has a certain feel to it that maybe not everyone will love.

11. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I have a friend that bought a pair of white Levis (the $46 pair) while in france study abroad two summers ago. I've been considering getting a pair since. I think I'll bite.

12. beefyk

beefyk Active Member

H&M White Sliqs? $40,-

Not the best quality, but also not the worst. Better than Cheap Monday.

How long have you noticed these white sliqs at H&M?

I was in H&M at Santa Anita Westfield a few days ago but I didn't notice them. A couple months ago I did see some white jeans and bright blue jeans, but I don't think they were sliqs.

13. beefyk

beefyk Active Member

Thanks dan, I'm too lazy to search for my own posts.

The only thing is none of the white denim that I've seen is very light, the somets which I love aren't a summery jean but I happen to like that. If you're trying to stay cool, look elsewhere but if you really have your mind set on them the somets are the best. Also, you'd be amazed at how versatile they are. Also be prepared to have people stare at you for wearing white pants [​IMG]

PS. You can't beat white selvage and gold plated front rivets [​IMG]

Too bad my pair shrunk so I have to get another. I also have my eye on some white cotton casual pants I might pick up, now those are truely summer pants.

jet, how much did the jeans shrink? I'm thinking about getting a pair. Are you going to sell it? What size?

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

jet, how much did the jeans shrink? I'm thinking about getting a pair. Are you going to sell it? What size?

Hey,

Well I wear a 34 in everything and most of my stuff is vanity sized as my waist is slightly larger and I don't wear them skin tight. The rise is now under 10 and the legs are slim, look good I'm just not comfortable in them anymore after the wash. They're probably like a 33-34 waist now. I'm going to take measurements soon as people would need those. I don't want to sell them but I have to so I can get another pair, unfortunately it's going to cost me a small fortune [​IMG]

15. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

White jeans are showing up a lot.. If you've checked out the Sartorialist recently, lots of guys in Italy are wearing charcoal/grey sports jackets, white jeans, grey sweaters and white shirts.

I like the look of white jeans. I had a pair from Helmut Lang from a couple years back but I spilled red Nyquil on them, so they're goners...