• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

white denim

arenn

Reaction score
Doesn't APC itself make white denim?

theshonen8899

Reaction score
I was looking into getting a pair as well. It seems like it's becoming more popular for white jeans to be worn in the summer, as GQ has posted an article about it here. Are the white 501's light? I remember wearing jeans all last summer and it was hell because I hated wearing shorts.

west coast wonderboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by arenn
Doesn't APC itself make white denim?

would APC's in white be as prone to stretching as their dry models? I have a pair of old cure's in 31 that're perfect post-stretch.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by west coast wonderboy
I know 501's, I just meant what quality denim do they make them in... basic, mall denim quality or higher end, actully nice denim quality...

Just basic quality, which isn't that bad in this case.

StraightEdge

Reaction score
My suggestion is DON'T FOLLOW TREND! White denim and color denim (red, green, cream...) will go out of style very quickly.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Just basic quality, which isn't that bad in this case.

wise words. When you're buying white jeans, you want to pay as little as humanly possibly, becuase they will be white for about 45 mins after you buy them.

west coast wonderboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
wise words. When you're buying white jeans, you want to pay as little as humanly possibly, becuase they will be white for about 45 mins after you buy them.

ha, I'd actually like them to have a slightly dirty patina... otherwise i'd feel like mr. clean, or a painter.

as for the trendiness of them, that's unfortunate. I've wanted some for a while, just haven't gotten around to it till now. also just because something's 'coming into style' doesn't mean it can't make a good look once it's come and gone.

theshonen8899

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StraightEdge
My suggestion is DON'T FOLLOW TREND! White denim and color denim (red, green, cream...) will go out of style very quickly.

Trend or not, I still think white jeans look clean and sophisticated when worn right.

interman

Reaction score
I've tried on the Acne Mix White Stretch (I think), and they're pretty nice. Unfortunately I have a too muscular build to pull them off, but I can imagine they'll look good on someone skinny.

Tiger of Sweden and J.Lindeberg also have some relatively skinny ones that I believe are straight leg, and those'll probably work better for me.

Oh and the beforementioned H&M ones are great for the price. Really nice fit, but the cotton / polyester mix (to avoid stains) has a certain feel to it that maybe not everyone will love.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a friend that bought a pair of white Levis (the $46 pair) while in france study abroad two summers ago. I've been considering getting a pair since. I think I'll bite.

beefyk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ninjapie
H&M White Sliqs? $40,-

Not the best quality, but also not the worst. Better than Cheap Monday.

How long have you noticed these white sliqs at H&M?

I was in H&M at Santa Anita Westfield a few days ago but I didn't notice them. A couple months ago I did see some white jeans and bright blue jeans, but I don't think they were sliqs.

beefyk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Thanks dan, I'm too lazy to search for my own posts.

The only thing is none of the white denim that I've seen is very light, the somets which I love aren't a summery jean but I happen to like that. If you're trying to stay cool, look elsewhere but if you really have your mind set on them the somets are the best. Also, you'd be amazed at how versatile they are. Also be prepared to have people stare at you for wearing white pants
crackup[1].gif

PS. You can't beat white selvage and gold plated front rivets
inlove.gif

Too bad my pair shrunk so I have to get another. I also have my eye on some white cotton casual pants I might pick up, now those are truely summer pants.

jet, how much did the jeans shrink? I'm thinking about getting a pair. Are you going to sell it? What size?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beefyk
jet, how much did the jeans shrink? I'm thinking about getting a pair. Are you going to sell it? What size?

Hey,

Well I wear a 34 in everything and most of my stuff is vanity sized as my waist is slightly larger and I don't wear them skin tight. The rise is now under 10 and the legs are slim, look good I'm just not comfortable in them anymore after the wash. They're probably like a 33-34 waist now. I'm going to take measurements soon as people would need those. I don't want to sell them but I have to so I can get another pair, unfortunately it's going to cost me a small fortune
crackup[1].gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
White jeans are showing up a lot.. If you've checked out the Sartorialist recently, lots of guys in Italy are wearing charcoal/grey sports jackets, white jeans, grey sweaters and white shirts.

I like the look of white jeans. I had a pair from Helmut Lang from a couple years back but I spilled red Nyquil on them, so they're goners...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics