• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White Cut-Away dress shirt?

Preparatory

Reaction score
I would like to buy a quality cut-away all white dress shirt and would like to get some advice. Where should I look? Price should be $150 the most.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Preparatory
I would like to buy a quality cut-away all white dress shirt and would like to get some advice. Where should I look? Price should be $150 the most.

what exactly is that^^??

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming the OP means a white dress shirt with a cut-away collar.

There are so many white cut-away collr dress shirts avalable for $150 or less it's almost pointless to discuss until we know a little more about what you're looking for in the shirt. General fit, styling (aside from the collar), details, type of fabric?

I'd just get something from a decent MTM place like MyTailor. Inumerable fabrics to choose from, detailing and fit to your spec.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
cut-away collar...

Preparatory

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Louche
I'm assuming the OP means a white dress shirt with a cut-away collar. There are so many white cut-away collr dress shirts avalable for $150 or less it's almost pointless to discuss until we know a little more about what you're looking for in the shirt. General fit, styling (aside from the collar), details, type of fabric? I'd just get something from a decent MTM place like MyTailor. Inumerable fabrics to choose from, detailing and fit to your spec.
I would like it to be slim fitting and cuff links would be nice too. Fabric should be of high quality, maybe some nice egyptian cotton?

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thomas Pink has some nice ones for your budget.

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might be able to find something at Paul Stuart on sale as well.

If you have your measurements on hand (or have time to wait for a visiting tailor), I'd still go with an outfit like MyTailor. I think its pretty crazy to spend a lot on a nice RTW shirt, only to have to turn around and spend more on alterations. This when you can get something almost as nice, with a really good fit and spec'd to your liking, for 1/2 as much via MTM. Just my $0.02.

kcc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
what exactly is that^^??

Maybe the OP meant "cut-away collar shape?"

At one time I thought cut-way collars were spectacular ...

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Louche
You might be able to find something at Paul Stuart on sale as well.

If you have your measurements on hand (or have time to wait for a visiting tailor), I'd still go with an outfit like MyTailor. I think its pretty crazy to spend a lot on a nice RTW shirt, only to have to turn around and spend more on alterations. This when you can get something almost as nice, with a really good fit and spec'd to your liking, for 1/2 as much via MTM. Just my $0.02.

I agree with this quote. Try find a place that has a fit guarantee. Or a local tailor to make you a shirt to base your future purchases off of. Not sure what online MTM "measure yourself" makers offer the fit guarantee, but Propercloth does, but they're not made in America anymore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads