• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

White Cuffs and Collar with Blue shirt?

JeffsWood

Reaction score
I have a few nice dress shirts that were made for me when I was a few lbs heavier. I had them taken in and they fit well enough, but of course the collars are too big. My shirt maker suggested I bring them back have new collars put on them. He suggested going with white collars as we most likely won't be able to get a perfect match in the fabric the shirts were made of. So my question is? For a sky blue shirt with white collar, should the cuffs be white or left blue? and for this type of shirt should I go with French cuffs? Right now, I am not too big on French cuffs, so that is why I am hesitating on using them.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Contrast collar shirts, according to "the rules," should have french cuffs. Whether or not you like the look is up to you, but white on blue seems to me a classic combination.

Motol12

Reaction score
Unless I've misread your post, you are attempting to create a contrast collar shirt with a sky blue "body" and a white collar. These almost always have french cuffs unless they are streetwear.

The "rules" allow the cuffs to be either white or blue, the choice is really up to personal perference. White is more common, but blue may look better on you.

Bishop of Briggs

Reaction score
I have a several shirts, including blue ones, with white collars and double cuffs. I bought a striped shirt, with white collar and single cuffs in H&K's summer sale. H&K will replace white collars and cuffs at a reasonable charge.

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have four MTM shirts with white collar and white french cuffs made in 2008.

The bodies are:

- blue,
- blue/ white striped,
- blue/ white(ground) / thin red striped
- pink

I love em.

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have light blue and pink shirts with white collar and white cuffs, and white collar and blue / pink cuffs. I must say that I prefer the latter because the former makes me look older.

garmentmerchant

Reaction score
I have in light blue as well as one in light grey that is a very nice contrast with the white cuff and collar. I also have in black with white cuff and collar, but I dont wear it with a suit just a pair of dress slacks, not so much business attire, but a very cool look for a nice night out.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's