1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

white cotton suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by seoulfully, Jun 29, 2006.

1. seoulfully

seoulfully Senior member

hey all,

i'm going to a wedding in mex in oct and by decree of the bride it's going to be a "white wedding." apparently temps will be in the mid 80s to 90s then, not so humid. as such i'm in need of a white cotton or linen or blend suit. maybe a light tan/khaki color would be okay too. any suggestions where i might pick one up without breaking the bank? for this purpose, the quality of the suit itself isn't the most important thing as i don't really have the opportunity to wear white suits, but need one for this wedding. also, it's going to be a casual wedding, so what should i do in terms of footware? i'm opposed to the mandal, but i suppose leather flip-flops would be okay...

i figure getting one now will be easier than getting one in september.... and i never have any luck getting my size at sale events, so... thanks!

2. Stu

Stu Senior member

hey all,

i'm going to a wedding in mex in oct and by decree of the bride it's going to be a "white wedding." apparently temps will be in the mid 80s to 90s then, not so humid. as such i'm in need of a white cotton or linen or blend suit. maybe a light tan/khaki color would be okay too. any suggestions where i might pick one up without breaking the bank? for this purpose, the quality of the suit itself isn't the most important thing as i don't really have the opportunity to wear white suits, but need one for this wedding. also, it's going to be a casual wedding, so what should i do in terms of footware? i'm opposed to the mandal, but i suppose leather flip-flops would be okay...

i figure getting one now will be easier than getting one in september.... and i never have any luck getting my size at sale events, so... thanks!

There are a couple of nice ones from both RLPL and Brioni on Ebay right now.

3. tiger02

tiger02 Senior member

Check the Tyrwhitt sales thread. Very light colored cotton suits for $200 or so.

4. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

Yeah, if you can find your size... [​IMG]

5. seoulfully

seoulfully Senior member

6. CoryB

CoryB Senior member

Check out honest*goods on eBay. He has 4 Brioni cream cotton suits (38,40,42,46 I think). I think they will go for about $300 (though that is a complete WAG)

7. Jovan

Jovan Senior member