white cotton suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by seoulfully, Jun 29, 2006.

1. seoulfully

seoulfully Senior member

hey all,

i'm going to a wedding in mex in oct and by decree of the bride it's going to be a "white wedding." apparently temps will be in the mid 80s to 90s then, not so humid. as such i'm in need of a white cotton or linen or blend suit. maybe a light tan/khaki color would be okay too. any suggestions where i might pick one up without breaking the bank? for this purpose, the quality of the suit itself isn't the most important thing as i don't really have the opportunity to wear white suits, but need one for this wedding. also, it's going to be a casual wedding, so what should i do in terms of footware? i'm opposed to the mandal, but i suppose leather flip-flops would be okay...

i figure getting one now will be easier than getting one in september.... and i never have any luck getting my size at sale events, so... thanks!

2. Stu

Stu Senior member

hey all,

i'm going to a wedding in mex in oct and by decree of the bride it's going to be a "white wedding." apparently temps will be in the mid 80s to 90s then, not so humid. as such i'm in need of a white cotton or linen or blend suit. maybe a light tan/khaki color would be okay too. any suggestions where i might pick one up without breaking the bank? for this purpose, the quality of the suit itself isn't the most important thing as i don't really have the opportunity to wear white suits, but need one for this wedding. also, it's going to be a casual wedding, so what should i do in terms of footware? i'm opposed to the mandal, but i suppose leather flip-flops would be okay...

i figure getting one now will be easier than getting one in september.... and i never have any luck getting my size at sale events, so... thanks!

There are a couple of nice ones from both RLPL and Brioni on Ebay right now.

3. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

Check the Tyrwhitt sales thread. Very light colored cotton suits for $200 or so.

4. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

Yeah, if you can find your size... [​IMG]

5. seoulfully

seoulfully Senior member

6. CoryB

CoryB Senior member

Check out honest*goods on eBay. He has 4 Brioni cream cotton suits (38,40,42,46 I think). I think they will go for about $300 (though that is a complete WAG)

7. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good