• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White Buck Shoes - Sole color?

The Happy Stroller

Reaction score
I bought from The Foursome a pair of shoes described as
"classic white buck style with a red rubber-sole. #139804", but it looked off-white and the soles didn't look exactly red, more like the color of a normal brown egg. Has any one else bought such a pair of shoe where the description fits well? The shoe was not described as nubuck, but the leather seems to be virtually the same of the J&M shoes described below.

It is virtually the same color as another pair of shoes I bought - Johnston & Murphy Brennan Plain Toe 20-5425 (White Nubuck) from Shoebuy.com, Inc. To its credit, the seller did not describe the sole as red, but it is also the same off-white color (towards a very pale yellowish ivory). Has any one such a pair of shoe as I've described.

In short, I failed to acquire what I consider the kind of true white bucks with real red soles.

I have yet to buy it, but does any one know whether the following Jos. A. Bank shoe:-

Product Description
Catalog Item: 7345
Colors: White nubuck
Four-eyelet, plain toe buck shoes with rubber outsoles.

is a real white one with real red soles?

The Happy Stroller

Reaction score
Church's is my favourite English brand.

How nice, with red rubber soles; white buck, not nubuck I suppose. But ten years' ago? Sob, sob, ...
musicboohoo[1].gif

P.S.: In daylight, the J&M is slightly whiter and slightly redder than the Foursome shoe; but both are definitely not true white and real red. Also, Johnston & Murphy via the Amazon site describes its white/nubuck "Johnston & Murphy Brennan Plain Toe (sic)" ASIN: B000F00RBC as "brick red sole on the white nubuck upper".

Originally Posted by Will
I have a pair made by Church from ten years ago. Pre-Prada. Red rubber soles and white buck. Don't know if they still make them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads