• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White and Pink wide or bengal stipe shirt

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for this time of shirt for 4 years.

Found one in Savile Row last winter but not my size.

Have H&K or H&H this type of shirt during these sales?...

Mr_Sweden

Reaction score
Maybe this is what you´re looking for? Dege & Skinner When the site i done loading, click on "Stripe shirts and ties".

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
Maybe this is what you´re looking for? Dege & Skinner When the site i done loading, click on "Stripe shirts and ties".
Some really nice patterns there. I love the yellow/navy/sky striped shirt. How's the quality (fabric, buttons), and the fit (hopefully not balloony) on these? Thanks, Dan

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link but this is not bengal stripes (same width of stripes for both colors)

Mr_Sweden

Reaction score
Thanks for the link but this is not bengal stripes (same width of stripes for both colors)
I know what a bengal stripe looks like, but the topic clearly says "White and Pink wide or bengal stripe shirt" so I thought it would fall in to the first of those categories.

/Mr S

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(ernest @ 08 Jan. 2005, 05:10) Thanks for the link but this is not bengal stripes (same width of stripes for both colors)
I know what a bengal stripe looks like, but the topic clearly says "White and Pink wide or bengal stripe shirt" so I thought it would fall in to the first of those categories. /Mr S
When I said "White ans Pink WIDE" I meant BUTCHER = very wide "bengal stripes" which is not called bengal strip I guess. That's why I put "or".

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check out Liste Rouge Ernest. I think they have what you mean. http://www.listerouge-paris.com/home/home.php White/Pink http://www.listerouge-paris.com/order_y....=101427 And for your convenience, it is located in Paris.
I do not like liste rouge : I had an experience with them as I bought a MTM shirt. Result = 1) A broken thread in the fabrics on the collar 2) Too shorts sleeves 3) To narrow shoulder making an horizontal bar between the shoulders 4) Too large space between buttons making the shirts opening when you are sitting They made a second shirt. Same problems of fitting. They said it was coming from my body.... I replied ironicly : "that's why I want a MTM shirt.... My body is normal as H&K RTW shirts are good. The first saleman told me they would give me the first shirt as a gift. When I came to take the second one, the chief told me no way and didn't believe me when I said his collegue had proposed me the first bad shirt as a gift. So I ask them to refund me and let them their 2 shoddy shirts. Prices are higher now. This is really a trap .

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then I can only recommend Barba or Borrelli for MTM shirts. I'm pretty sure they have fabrics like this in their collection.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then I can only recommend Barba or Borrelli for MTM shirts. I'm pretty sure they have fabrics like this in their collection.
Too expensive for me and they are not available in Paris anyway (I guess).

I hope I will find this type of stripes in Jermyn street soon.

Thanks for you help.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barba Napoli Made to Measure will set you back for about 200 euros.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barba Napoli Made to Measure will set you back for about 200 euros.
200 euros is too expensive for a RTM shirt for me.

I can buy 3 shirts (which fits me nice) at H&K for this price.

I can also go to Charvet and choose fabrics, collar and cuffs and sleeve lenght.

And I would never buy a shirt I do not try on (particulary at this price) as if something is wrong (very likely) I do not want to spend time ans money on shipment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads