• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whiskey brands

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah whiskey reall yis bliss. Throw in an Oscar Peterson recording and you have a little slice of heaven.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crown Royal FTW

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Crown Royal FTW

I never liked Crown for some reason. It's associated with so many black-out memories in college that I'm slightly afraid of it, just as I am with Southern Comfort, and tequila.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
I never liked Crown for some reason. It's associated with so many black-out memories in college that I'm slightly afraid of it, just as I am with Southern Comfort, and tequila.
lol8[1].gif

mrpologuy

Reaction score
I am having a Maker's Mark right now. Rarely, do I drink in the afternoon.
laugh.gif

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Has anyone here tried Elijah Craig? I bought a bottle while back in LA while looking for a new bourbon to try. The labels made it look a bit cheap but they advertised themselves as being the first of the small batch bourbons marketed in the US. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elijah_Craig I think I paid around the standard whisky price ($23) and it was pretty drinkable. Very straightforward. Not as spicy as Knob, not as smooth as Woodford. It's worth a try but I don't see any customer loyalty to it as the taste didn't grab my memory as well as other whiskies.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was gifted a bottle of bourbon a couple years ago; it came with a "batch label" making it look almost like a medicine bottle, though I'm pretty sure it's mass-market. I have been thinking about it for the past couple days but can't remember what it was called and haven't headed out to the liquor store to look for it. I figured one of you drunks might be able to ID it. It might've been a scotch, actually.
confused.gif

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
The bourbon and scotch threads weren't long enough as it is, so we're starting over with a whole new general whiskey thread?
plain.gif

Still, if we have to carry on excessively about something, there are worse subjects.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
I was gifted a bottle of bourbon a couple years ago; it came with a "batch label" making it look almost like a medicine bottle, though I'm pretty sure it's mass-market. I have been thinking about it for the past couple days but can't remember what it was called and haven't headed out to the liquor store to look for it. I figured one of you drunks might be able to ID it. It might've been a scotch, actually.
confused.gif

Hmm...that "medicine bottle" sounds somewhat like Bulleit but you might be talking about a far simpler label.
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
The bourbon and scotch threads weren't long enough as it is, so we're starting over with a whole new general whiskey thread?
plain.gif

Still, if we have to carry on excessively about something, there are worse subjects.

Sorry to bother you on your way to choir practice before heading off to AA to give a guest lecture to homeless children.

Sincerely,
styleforum

lawyerdad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Hmm...that "medicine bottle" sounds somewhat like Bulleit but you might be talking about a far simpler label.

Sorry to bother you on your way to choir practice before heading off to AA to give a guest lecture to homeless children.

Sincerely,
styleforum

Apology accepted. But this is America. There are no homeless children, they're just camping out.

lawyerdad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Thanks, Randy Newman.

Now I have "That's Why God Loves Mankind" stuck in my head.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about whiskey but my friend swears by Johnnie Walker. He has them all but I believe prefers the Black and Blue versions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads