1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Which Would You Rather Have More Of?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

I'm loaded up on ties and shirts are far more versatile so this was a very easy question for me.

2. kcc

kcc Senior member

Shirts, gimme' shirts lots and lots of em'.

3. knittieguy

knittieguy Senior member

I'll buck the trend. TIES. I tend to get plain colored shirts and then wear patterned ties. I have about a 110 ties and maybe 15-20 shirts that I wear with them. It would be nice to have a few more but I'd still rather have more ties than shirts.

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Seriously, I wear a tie maybe a dozen times a year. Wedding, funerals, speeches. If I wear a different tie each time, that lasts me two years, easily.

5. rherreid

rherreid Active Member

I enjoy my shirts *much* more than my ties. I like a nice tie as much as the next guy, but to me a nice shirt that fits well is so much more important. That being said, I voted for ties.

The problem with ties is that I get tired of them and I find that I need a much larger selection to still be interested in them. Whereas I love each and every one of my shirts and am always excited to wear them.

6. redtree00

redtree00 Senior member

I am always trying to weed out my ties so that I will have under 50. Not the case with shirts, collection keeps growing and growing.

7. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Shirts. Presently I have more ties than shirts, but I'm trying to weed out my ties and add to my shirts.

8. Moss

Moss Senior member

It's hard to imagine an end point where I might be satisfied with enough shirts. There are endless combinations of checks and stripes to tempt me and I often buy similar versions of favorites. With ties it is much easier to contemplate an end point (not that I plan on pulling back any time soon, mind you). [​IMG]

9. Panzeraxe II

Panzeraxe II Senior member