• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which Would You Pick & Why?

The Gooch

Reaction score
I am in the market for a flannel striped suit. Two have become available to me; 1. Charcoal with light gray stripes, 3 button, side vented, forward pleated pants, 100% wool, Polo Blue Label, size 46L [may] need slight alterations, used, $150.00
!B6ftD,!BWk~$(KGrHqYOKm8Ey0u,Eh98BM)fDp4wQ!~~0_12.JPG
2. Charcoal with light gray stripes, 2 button, side vented, flat front pants, 95% wool 5% cashmere, Polo I, size 44L, will need no alterations, NWT, $350.00
420812569_tp.jpg
Which would you choose and why? (the why can be in the form of a post here, but please see the poll and vote) Thanks J

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really hard to tell without seeing you in them, but I would go with the Polo because of the 2 buttons and flat fronts. They're going to be close to the same price anyway since the first one is going to need alterations.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No contest.

The Gooch

Reaction score
Votes are overwhelming for the NWT 2 button. I was leaning toward this one anyway but wasn't sure if the extra $200 was worth it.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2 button for me...

I love charcoal anyway.

The Gooch

Reaction score
I appreciate everyone's input here, I opted for the second suit (NWT, 2 button). I will update this post with fit pics when it arrives. Thanks!

Dunvegan

Reaction score
I know you already made your choice... but I'd go with #2 as well because of the tailoring.. although I do like the ticket pocket on #1

The Gooch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dunvegan
I know you already made your choice... but I'd go with #2 as well because of the tailoring.. although I do like the ticket pocket on #1

What difference can you see in the tailoring?

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Imhoff
+1

Two buttons is the way to go.

It pains me to see this degree of shallow thinking.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like them both. I actually like the 3 button with ticket better. However, they will probably wind up around the same price after tailoring, and you have the risk of the used number not being perfect after alterations. Play it safe, or forget about both and keep looking.

Mike

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go with the one in your size. Don't try to change the size of a jacket, it will never look quite right.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads