1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Which Watch Wrist?!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Garrick, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Garrick

Garrick Member

On which wrist do you gents wear your watches??

I'm right-handed but have always worn my watch on my right wrist, something of which, recently I have become quite conscious because obviously, this isn't the 'norm'.

A friend of mine does the same as does President Putin of Russia!

Other than them, am I alone in this world?![​IMG]

Anyway, here's a poll to get a feeling for just how common or unusual this is!

Cheers!

Edit - The poll has a maximum of ten options so there was no room for "I don't wear a watch at all" and "I use a pocket watch"...pehaps a mod/admin can add them for me?! Thanks!

2. LabelKing

LabelKing Stylish Dinosaur

I also wear my watch on the right wrist and I am right-handed.

I believe this so called "norm" of wearing the watch on the opposite hand began when the first wristwatches were being made and the companies were debating to put the crown on the left or the right side. Of course, pocketwatches are very egalitarian.

Or you can emulate Peter O'Toole for his very practical measure of wearing watches on both wrists.

3. stach

stach Senior Member

Switch arms to avoid a tan line.

4. Aureus

Aureus Senior Member

Right handed, watch on left wrist.

I've always thought the norm was the norm because it had more to do with that you use your 'primary' hand for a lot more things than your 'secondary' hand. Wearing your watch on your secondary hand means its far less likely to get in the way, and less likely to be damaged.

5. freakseam

freakseam Senior Member

I'm ambidextrous, but it's on my left hand, when I wear it.

6. Tomasso

Tomasso Distinguished Member

Or you can emulate Peter O'Toole for his very practical measure of wearing watches on both wrists.

Just don't let it get out of hand.

[​IMG]