• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which watch should i wear with my suit?

yan

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm getting married next month and i need some advise regarding which watch i should wear.
I bought a dark gray suit, plain white shirt, bourdeaux tie and shoes and mahogany belt.

As for the watch, i thoguht about getting a dark brown leather strap, with white face and maybe some gold touchings.

Do you think that the color of the watch will fit nicely with my suit?
What watch would you wear with this suit combination?

This is one of the watches i thought to purchase:
https://www.certina.com/watch/ds-2-chronograph-1-100-sec/C0244472603100

Thanks,

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm getting married next month and i need some advise regarding which watch i should wear.
I bought a dark gray suit, plain white shirt, bourdeaux tie and shoes and mahogany belt.

As for the watch, i thoguht about getting a dark brown leather strap, with white face and maybe some gold touchings.

Thanks,
Well, technically, traditionally one wouldn't wear a watch to a wedding. But, I would suggest a smaller dress watch. A dark brown leather strap is close enough to the burgundy shoes/belt. The metal should match your other accessories such as belt buckle. The white face is classic dressy. I checked the link and was sent to a busy chronograph. A simple face is more dressy.
Here's something along those lines from that company
https://www.certina.com/watch/ds-caimano-powermatic-80/C0354073608700

yan

Reaction score
Should i look for a black or white watch face?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Metal with leather.
I'm fairly certain he was asking the metal to determine the color. If silver tone or gold tone to suggest a watch color to match
Should i look for a black or white watch face?
I'd go for white; it's more formal. But, if you have a dark complexion the black face may make it less stand out.

jts287

Reaction score
Another thought here- presumably you would then wear the watch afterwards for many years, so I'm not convinced you should make such a large purchase based on one occasion (wedding). Also, provided the shirt fits correctly, your watch will be under the cuff most/all of the night anyway. Unless you're going to consider some neon green timepiece (or one that chimes or something), I would get the watch you like best and would be happiest in going forward.

watchuseek.com is a great resource for horological questions/opinions. FWIW, that Certina is very neat, and supposedly a well-made brand.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Another thought here- presumably you would then wear the watch afterwards for many years, so I'm not convinced you should make such a large purchase based on one occasion (wedding). Also, provided the shirt fits correctly, your watch will be under the cuff most/all of the night anyway. Unless you're going to consider some neon green timepiece (or one that chimes or something), I would get the watch you like best and would be happiest in going forward.

watchuseek.com is a great resource for horological questions/opinions. FWIW, that Certina is very neat, and supposedly a well-made brand.
This is a fair point. I made the assumption this was a watch to be purchased specifically for the event, that he already had a few daily wear and was just looking for a special watch for a special event.

If that's not the case the chronograph is a nice looking model, though I would prefer it to be automatic over quartz. It's even small enough where I would wear it. I wonder how thick it is? Chronographs can quickly get thick enough to have difficulty hiding under a narrower sleeve.

I'd personally go with the white face and two tone as linked. I'm not a big fan of the gator band, so I personally would swap for a smooth leather band. Since silver tone is the primary color, I'd make sure my belt buckle was also silver tone.

jts287

Reaction score
Oof, didn't scroll down far enough to catch that it's quartz. $900 for a battery-operated watch is a non-starter for me.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oof, didn't scroll down far enough to catch that it's quartz. $900 for a battery-operated watch is a non-starter for me.
Agreed. I think I cap out at around $150 for quartz!

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One that you like and can afford maybe?

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you insist on wearing a watch, I suggest you save yourself several hundred dollars and just get a simple automatic dress watch like this Seiko. It will serve you just as well and I dare say a better watch than what you linked.

Maxy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thanks,

Well, Congrats.. I wouldn't wear that watch to my wedding. If you didn't purchase it yet, I would say just save your money for a better watch. If you still want to wear similar watch - go for this its twice expensive watch at retail but selling at 85% off - https://www.jomashop.com/charmex-watch-2960.html

Looks more better - white dial - moonphase - day - date with rose gold case.

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
51CAA16C-795D-4F7E-969C-480D171EFE45.jpeg
The link isn't working unfortunately.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads