• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Which Two Scarves to Buy?

Al Shosty

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm about to start working full-time in London in a few weeks, and I thought that now would be a good time to add some scarves to my wardrobe, despite the lingering heat. I don't really own any thick winter scarves, so I'm looking to buy two versatile scarves to start me out. I've bought most of my suits from suitsupply, so I've been tempted to try out their scarves.

I was thinking that these two shades of gray would be ideal, but I'm very open to other options re: different brands or colours.

https://eu.suitsupply.com/en_GB/hats_scarves/dark-grey-scarf/SC17201.html?cgid=Hats_scarves

https://eu.suitsupply.com/en_GB/hats_scarves/light-grey-scarf/SC16200.html?cgid=Hats_scarves

I have two dark navy suits and one charcoal suit that I wear to work. I usually wear a black overcoat, though I also have a navy puffer jacket. Otherwise I tend to dress pretty conservatively (formal shirts with chinos & various standard v or crew-neck sweater colours i.e. tan, burgundy, navy, gray, etc). This is all in the fall/winter/early spring, of course.

Thanks in advance!

maxalex

Reaction score
Those look fine but not very adventurous. Scarves, like ties, allow men to explore their inner peacock so you can have fun with checks and stripes. (Up to a point; you don’t want to look like the office douche in the reindeer scarf at the Christmas party.)

Check out cashmere offerings from the Scottish brand Begg, in many colors and patterns. They are pricey but worth it—the best cashmere made. If you’re non-EU you can buy online before you go and save the major VAT. Or wait until their annual Black Friday sale.

Al Shosty

Reaction score
Thanks for the comment mate, that's some solid advice. I think I'll get the light grey scarf for now and wait till black Friday to snap up some deals on some of thethe hig quality scarves like the ones you linked. Maybe something in Burgundy, camel, medium blue or purple.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.