• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which trench coat?

Remember

Reaction score
People on here may be familiar with my post questioning the colour choices of black or khaki. Luckily, I have finally decided to go with a khaki or similar tone. However, Im still stuck with these choices:

http://www.burberryusaonline.com/pro...entPage=family [www.burberryusaonline.com]

or

http://www.burberryusaonline.com/pro...entPage=family [www.burberryusaonline.com]

The first one is much more traditional, especially with its darker colour.It may suit my set of otherwise mainly black/dark clothing. However, the second one may suit my body a bit better, as I am still very young (21), athletic and a slim/muscled physique. However, the second ones colour isnt nearly as common, which is both good and bad. Not as classical, though it avoids the inspector closseau and other stereotypes that may result from the first option. Im worried it may be too light.

what are peoples opinions?

Thanks!

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i've got a single breasted coat in the second color and i actually think the lighter khaki is more versatile. it seems to work with black/dark clothing because it is light. add in the fact that you said yourself the slim fit would suit you better, and i think you have your answer.

jmix1

Reaction score
^ Agreed. Go with the second. I like the color and style better.

Astan

Reaction score
second one. but is it really necessary to go with a burberry trench. plenty of great makers out there.

warmpi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Astan
second one. but is it really necessary to go with a burberry trench. plenty of great makers out there.

what are some other great makers?

Remember

Reaction score
Aquascutum never seems to have a trench that really suits me. I think theyd look better on taller people honestly

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads