• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Which ties to go with these 2 suits?

biscuitnoir

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I need advice on the choice of ties that you would recommend to go with these 2 suits.

Thank you!

Diamondflame

Reaction score
I’d go with a plain or subtly patterned/textured dark tie to showcase the microchecks on the first suit. For the windowpane suit (what’s up with the bizarrely short sleeves?) , I’d pick a tie with smaller square patterns or perhaps a Prince of Wales checks.

But unlike those pics (from Suit Supply, eh?) do choose the right sleeve lengths, the appropriate tie knot to go with the shirt collars and the correct tie width to complement the suit’s lapel. And those bare ankles? Ugh! I’d ditch the tie if I were dialling down the formality.

biscuitnoir

Reaction score
Thank you for the answer. And yes both of them are from suitsupply. I agree with you when it comes to the bare ankles. I do not want to remove any bit of formality.

P.S both of them are a perfect fit in real life, sleeves included 😊

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.