• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which tie with my pink oxford?

mrpologuy

Reaction score
What tie do you think looks the best with this pink oxford? I thought I had more ties that went with it, but I guess I was wrong. I know some don't go with it and they are ones I just grabbed off the rack.

Tie 1

Tie 2

Tie 3

Tie 4

Tie 5

Tie 6

Tie 7

Tie 8

Tie 9

I feel like I should buy a new tie but don't want to spend the money. Thanks for the help guys!!!

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The colors of 1, 2, 5, 6, 8, and 9 all go to varying degrees. The others, not so much. But since that's such a casual shirt (even has a logo on it
butbut.gif
) I'd suggest something with less formality to it like 2 or 8.

Winot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrpologuy
What tie do you think looks the best with this pink oxford? I thought I had more ties that went with it, but I guess I was wrong. I know some don't go with it and they are ones I just grabbed off the rack.

...snip..

I feel like I should buy a new tie but don't want to spend the money. Thanks for the help guys!!!

I'm afraid I went for "none of the above". My simplistic rule of tie matching for a plain shirt is to go for a main colour which complements the shirt with the colour of the shirt running through as a secondary colour (for patterned shirts I go for a block colour tie which complements the main colour of the shirt).

It may be boring, but I think blues complement pinks. So I'd go for a tie with blue as a main colour with pink as a secondary - e.g. this or this. If you wanted to be a bit more adventurous you could try this.

Hope that helps.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Winot
I'm afraid I went for "none of the above". My simplistic rule of tie matching for a plain shirt is to go for a main colour which complements the shirt with the colour of the shirt running through as a secondary colour (for patterned shirts I go for a block colour tie which complements the main colour of the shirt).

It may be boring, but I think blues complement pinks. So I'd go for a tie with blue as a main colour with pink as a secondary - e.g. this or this. If you wanted to be a bit more adventurous you could try this.

Hope that helps.

Green is a surefire with pink.
I agree with J but, I think you'd be best with a stripe a Green No.1 stripe would be sharp.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Light green is great with pink, I agree. My favorite tie for my pink oxford shirt is a Borrelli light green with pink dots purchased from Lance.

yoyo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Winot

Hope that helps.

I like this rule, but i don't do it every day. I hate feeling like my clothing choices are becoming mathematically predictable.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like #1

Faded501s

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to confuse you but everyone else is wrong
blush.gif

#7 is the obvious choice
stirpot.gif

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
#1 looks alright but is a little too clowny for me. I think J is right bout #2 or #8. I think, with the proper pants and shoes, it could look quite dandy, especially #8. I actually voted for #6, which looks a little too Eastery, until I zoomed in afterwards and liked the patterns.

Faded501s

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edit: I agree with all those who picked #8. Please throw my ballot (#7) into the trash and recast my vote for #8. My apologies, I finally got a little java going through my brain and realized the numbers were below the pictures.
confused.gif

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I picked buy a new tie, but I thought 5 & 6 worked best

Countertenor

Reaction score
You have enough to go on, so you don't need a new tie. 8 obviously works, but I say try 3. It's not my favorite tie in the list, and it doesn't "go" the best, but I say try it!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads