Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Which suit?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by DangerMan, Oct 14, 2012.

1. DangerMan

DangerMan Member

So I'm having a spot of bother finding the right suit. I'm after a slim fitting SB navy blue wool 2piece with slim peak or notched lapels and a good length to the jacket. Budget around £500.

I tried a fantastic jacket on in Sandro which was perfect! Sadly it only came as a jacket... no trousers :(

[​IMG]

Reiss had a similar suit in claret, and for £550 i can have it custom made to measure (4-6 weeks) in navy with a huge choice of linings and other custom details. The tailor used to work on Saville Row apparently and he was a nice chap but I've heard some poor reviews of Reiss quality?!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Today I tried on a Burberry 'Milbury' suit at the outlet store in London, £450 reduced from £700! Annoyingly the 38 (my usual size) was a good fit on the shoulders, but way to tight around the waist. The 40 was too big on the shoulders and waist! This is the 38>>>

[​IMG]

So, my options currently being:
    1) Get the Sandro jacket and see about having matching trousers made (impossible to match I imagine)
    2) Find a tailors to make me a suit based on the Sandro jacket photo (I have an appointment with Raja Fashions on the 21st)
    3) Go for the Reiss m-t-m option even though I could get a Burberry for the same price
    4) Get the Burberry and have it altered (but which size would I get and would the extra cost be worth it?)
    5) Keep looking!

Thanks

2. Macallan

Macallan Senior member

Try the MTM serivce from SuitSupply, Cad & Dandy, etc. You should be able to get a SuitSupply suit and Cad & Dandy start at £549; however, with the latter you can request a faster service. If you do a 'search' you will find reviews from both options.

There are other options including bespoke, although not all are flexible - again, if you do a search, you will find these options.