• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Which suit cut is this? (Tom Odell's suits)

Fexxi

Reaction score
Hey all!

I'm looking for a specific suit cut which apparently is no longer modern. The musician Tom Odell is wearing suits with a long cut and a rather wide lapel all the time. I have talked to Tom's tailor and he could obviously make me the exact same suit but they start at 850 which is quite a lot since I'm still a university student and not a famous musician. So my question: is there a particular name for theses jackets/this cut that I could search for? Or does anyone know a store/website/manufacturer that still produces suits like this? I really don't cara about the colour nor material. It's just about the cut.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately there wouldn't be a specific name for this jacket's cut. It seems to combine a fairly classic jacket length and wider lapels with a slimmer body. The one thing that looks a bit dated is the slightly low gorge height on the lapels.

The problem is that you won't be able to find an inexpensive new off-the-rack suit that looks anything close to this--as you've already discovered, they will all be short with skinny lapels because this is what is currently in fashion.

I'd suggest you look at Ebay and similar sites for vintage suits. I'd check out older Polo and Polo University Club (many examples on Ebay for well under $50), and then have the jacket body slimmed down a bit by an alterations tailor for another $50 or so.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's