1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Which shoe would you pick? C&J Cifford or Sutor Mentallassi?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by strictly-4-my-pimps, Jun 18, 2012.

1. strictly-4-my-pimps

strictly-4-my-pimps Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The C&J's are goodyear, Sutor Mentallassi brogue is a blake welt, and the final Sutor is a goodyear I think. Which on would you pick? Blake welt is cheaper. Should I buy goodyear over blake?

2. rjsphd

rjsphd Senior member

The construction on both makers is excellent. Buy the one(s) that you like best and with the best fit. comfort rules.

3. strictly-4-my-pimps

strictly-4-my-pimps Active Member

Iv'e tried the Clifford's and they fit me very well. Anyone know how the Sutor's fit? Anyone tried on both?

4. Needsmoreshoes

Needsmoreshoes Senior member

I'm more familiar with the quality of CJ and they get significantly more positive exposure on this forum than Sutor so I'd go by the law of averages and recommend CJ.

Personally I simply prefer the style of the Clifford over the sutors, I like the heavier English broguing

5. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

CJ gets more positive exposure, because more folks here wear them. They also get more positive exposure than Lobbs, again it's because more people wear then. CJ are good shoes, but Lobbs and the top lines of Sutors are very good shoes.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  6. comrade

comrade Senior member

The third with ghillie lacing. It's distinctive without being OTT.
    I would prefer a rounder toe, but of the three this is the clear
    winner.