• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Which shoe tree for RM Williams craftsman?

mr.loverman

Reaction score
Can someone please recommend a proper shoe tree for the RM Williams craftsman. Thank you.

J2010

Reaction score
I would suggest something from: onecedarlane.com

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, these look exactly like the ones that came with my Alden Indys (for an extra $35). They're all right - I guess - but it's nothing like what you get with a pair of Vass, whose price includes trees in the matching size and last.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Belligero
Hmm, these look exactly like the ones that came with my Alden Indys (for an extra $35).

Alden does in fact use trees made by Rochester Shoe Tree in NH. I get the same ones pictured above at Nordstrom Rack for $12.95. They are a great value. Just be aware of the sizing, I found that for my size 11 shoes, the Large tree works fine. However for boots, I go up a size to the XL and they take up a bit more volume. In my RMW Craftsman for instance, the L didn't fill up the vamp/instep area. The XL worked better and wasn't stretching the leather.

thrice

Reaction score
I use a regular pair from Charles Thyrwitt i got relatively cheap from amazon.co.uk

mr.loverman

Reaction score
Mine are a narrow fitting. Would this make a difference?

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with the RM Williams shoe trees?

Lear

Reaction score
Originally Posted by culverwood
What's wrong with the RM Williams shoe trees?
They stopped making them. Don't know if that's still the case. Common opinion was that they looked nice, but didn't really fill the void. Bond Street, London branch has the nicest people you'll find in any shop
, and you can buy yummy chocolate at the shop opposite! Lear (the ugly one)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.