1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Which shoe polish for navy Edward Green KG's & shoe trees?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Roger Kearey, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Roger Kearey

Roger Kearey Member

I recently aquired a pair of navy Edward Green KG's at their bargain sale price[​IMG]

I was just wondering what shoe polish fello owners use with these shoes? do EG offer a blue polish?

Also as I am in town on the weekend, could anyone tell me how much a pair of EG shoe trees would set me back?

Many thanks

RK

2. JordanH.

JordanH. Senior member

i know meltonian has blue polish. in different blues too

3. pajames

pajames Well-Known Member

Meltonian has a couple of blue creams but for the real shine Saphir has a blue wax that is great. I have a pair of Lobb midnight blue shoes and that polish makes them look marvelous.

4. Roger Kearey

Roger Kearey Member

Excellent, I wasn't sure if blue polish was easily available. I shall investigate these.

Thanks for the help.

5. Poshak Man

Poshak Man Senior member

6. Pengranger

Pengranger Senior member

I've got the same shoes. I've been using black on the top caps, and dark blue on the rest of the shoe - all by Saphir. They generally look black, however in certain light they start to look a little more interesting!

Additionally, I've had difficulty with the laces in both pairs of my KG/EG shoes. They snapped after only wearing them around 10 times. They may just be dried out, but not particularly useful!

7. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

My laces snapped too!

8. forex

forex Senior member

My laces snapped too!

Laces are indeed pretty bad,anyone can recommend good source for quality laces?
    thanks.

9. Shikar

Shikar Senior member

Navy polish is available as mentioned. The 202 last really like the epic trees, which are available in the B and S section here these days for 12-15 a pair.

Regards.

10. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

how about some pics? i love the idea of navy/mid-night colored shoes.

11. btinl

btinl Senior member

Pics of these shoes?

12. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Senior member

I wish there were still more pairs of these shoes kicking around. I picked up the Wine colored version from a forum member and they are fantastic shoes. Unlike the others though, I haven't had any issues with the laces yet. I'd also agree that the epic shoe trees fit the 202 last well.

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member