• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which Shoe Manufacturers do you avoid when shopping for Affordable Dress Shoes?

cloudlight

Reaction score
From my experience in the sub-$200 range, I've never gotten more than a year from shoes of these 2 manufacturers, wearing 5 days per week.

- Kenneth Cole
- Calvin Klein

So what are your worst brands of shoe?

Last edited:

ThomGault

Reaction score
From my experience in the sub-$200 range, I've never gotten more than a year from shoes of these 2 manufacturers, wearing 5 days per week.
Well, shoes at that price range aren't known for quality or longevity, but a useful principle is that you should allow 2 days between wearings to allow the leather to rest, air out, and return to shape, as well as using shoe trees. Not that I"m defending the brands you mentioned, but you've got to support your shoes.

maxalex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Listing crappy, overpriced shoe brands would take all day; just go to the local mall and pick anything, it will be crap--satisfaction guaranteed.

On a more constructive note: for a good shoe in that price range check out Meermin, a Spanish company making excellent and affordable dress shoes of Italian leather. Prices are low due to an innovative production chain that involves some initial work in China and finishing in Europe. My son has a pair and loves them; they appear to me very well made, as many expert shoe bloggers have attested. Sizes are said to be quite true to American numbers.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads