• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which Redwings? 9010 or 9011?

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want/need boots for the upcoming winter. After much consideration, I've narrowed my choices down to these two:

Red_Wing_Lifestyle_Beckman_Boots_331x383_9010_L_S.jpg

850.jpg

I wanted a pair that I could wear with jeans on the weekends, as well as to the office (business casual).
I'm leaning towards 9011 b/c I think they are a tad less casual.

I do like the stitching on the 9010's though. But they look a little more clunkier.

Thoughts?

tor

Reaction score
I think the 9011 toes look nicer, and they are a little less casual. However, I'm not a huge fan of the RW logo on the side.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9011 hands down. Search the Red Wing GT threads in SW&D.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention: neither pair I have (black cherry and black) have the RW logo on the side. Size down .5 from your measured foot size in these.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Group think

/thread

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So many choices in this range. You sure you don't want some storm welted english flavor?

laphroaig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by idfnl
Group think 9011 /thread
Yes. Only because for the 9010 top stitched toe style most would recommend the Alden Indies instead. I don't like the Indie style boot and prefer a simple rounded toe so I'm also voting 9011 and I don't even own a pair. For super group think add double leather plus cat paw soles.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
have you looked into the Wolverine 100's?

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
So many choices in this range. You sure you don't want some storm welted english flavor?

I was tempted to go with dannite soled brogue boots. I am watching these in ebay:
Grenson boots

But I think the redwings will be fit my needs better.

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
have you looked into the Wolverine 100's?

I have. But they seem to "rugged" to me. And I really like the black-cherry color thats available for the redwings.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dshin
I was tempted to go with dannite soled brogue boots. I am watching these in ebay:
Grenson boots

But I think the redwings will be fit my needs better.

dainite comes on any kind of boot, think of a regular captoe boot.

I have worn my 9011s through a torrential rainstorm and eventually it did leak through

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went ahead and ordered the 9011's. Amazon has a great deal on them right now: Redwing 9011 The boots qualify for $20 off when you spend $100 or more. Plus you get the free super saver shipping. So they ended up being $195 shipped. I'm hoping that sizing down 1/2 (like most people have said) works out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads