• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which popular brand item to get?

Auburn02

Reaction score
Hello,
I need some advice :))
I want to start buying brands but money is an issue, so I said to myself I am going to do buy it but only 1 or 2 items from each brand of what they're best at making. So for example Levi's? The 501 jeans obviously, T.Hilfiger? their Polo rings a bell to me. So not every brand is as clear these two. So my question is, what item to get from popular brands within 50$ - 130$ that is just a must to get! Thank you!!

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Start with the mindset of what you need. Then seek out the best value if you’re on a budget. Brand shouldn’t be a consideration.

maxalex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brands can be helpful after you develop a personal style--for example you may find that Ralph Lauren fits your style and thus you will keep an eye on their lines. I prefer Marinella ties and will always shop there first. But collecting brands like stamps is just silly.

TexasToast

Reaction score
I like brands that have a good reputation and that are known throughout a community like SF. I like Charlie Thyrwhitt and Brooks Brothers shirts because I have experience with them.
When I'm talking about ties I like Brooks Brothers and Sam Hober because I'm familiar with them and have experience with their brand..
I like maxalex suggestion on developing a personal style or it will become very expensive. Do your research before you make a purchase that may not be what you're looking for.
When getting into classic mensware I purchased some shoes that I thought were cool and it turns out that they weren't what I wanted in shoes so I spent unnecessary and could have used that money for better shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Staff online

Forum statistics