• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Which Pair of Shoes Should I Get?

lpresq

Reaction score
Attachment 14567

Attachment 14568

Which do you prefer, the Santoni Chelsea or the Borrelli Chukkas? The Borrelli at $349 are def. the more costly of the two, but which would be the most flexible addition to my wardrobe. I am looking for a pair of casual, winter proof boots to wear mostly with denim. Please help!

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lpresq
Attachment 14567

Attachment 14568

Which do you prefer, the Santoni Chelsea or the Borrelli Chukkas? The Borrelli at $349 are def. the more costly of the two, but which would be the most flexible addition to my wardrobe. I am looking for a pair of casual, winter proof boots to wear mostly with denim. Please help!

I'd say the Chelseas, since they have a "cleaner" look.

TopHatChef

Reaction score
the second pair, the first look like woman's riding boots.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Borelli but buy the same style from Carmina in Paris.

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Chelsea, but I am partial to them because I own 3 pairs by RM Williams

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think both of them are classic, good looking shoes. You can't go wrong with either one. The Chelsea boot might be a bit more "hip" and the chukka a little more traditional.

Of course, you could always get both of them!

lpresq

Reaction score
Hmm, I'm not seeing any Chukkas on the Carmina website. Although there is a v. nice selection of shoes, how does one even place an order or inquire as to the price?

Im leaning toward the Borrellis, but it seems to be an even split. Which pair would be more durable?

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you have to buy from their brick and mortar European shops. It wasn't my suggestion, I just gave you the link. Next time I'm in Spain or France, though....

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I agree about getting both, but if that's not an option, I'd suggest you consider which best matches the silhouette of your clothing. If you're wearing very slim denim, the chelseas likely will work better. (I also find them more versatile, in general, than chukkas.) But if you prefer fuller-cut denim, or are a heavier guy, the chukkas might be a better complement.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
where are you getting the santoni's? if you can get the borellis at $349, and that is more than the santoni's, I think the santoni's are a good buy.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
where are you getting the santoni's? if you can get the borellis at $349, and that is more than the santoni's, I think the santoni's are a good buy.

Those are the Santoni Fowler; judging from listed price, they seem to be from their lower-end line.

http://www.shermanbrothers.com/produ...ef=sortpriceum

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.8%