• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which pair of linen pants?

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
I'm debating a couple pairs of linen pants on yoox, figured I'd throw them up here for opinions. Definitely not for business wear:
David Mayer, 51/49 Linen/Cotton
360383871L_2.jpg

Gazzarini, 99% linen, really like the details on these
360366352H_2.jpg

There's also a River 100% linen from shopthefinest. Lavender herringbone
inlove.gif
. What do we know about River?

This will be my second pair, after a light blue Varvatos pair I got from vch. Opinions?

Tom

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Well, I'd get them hemmed to avoid dragging on the ground like that. I guess they're both good fashion-y pants, but this belongs more in Streetwear and Denim methinks.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Hmm, guess I could cross-post. I don't think there's anything inherent about any of them that makes them streetwear...

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the post is fine here. I would strongly prefer the Gazarinni. NOTE:

I think River makes fine trousers and Ian Daniels is a very reliable merchant.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really like the first pair too much...the coloring reminds me of old man jeans. But perhaps this is just the photo.

The second pair looks nice, I like them a lot.

Margaret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd probably prefer the weight of the cotton/linen blend. I even prefer the plain front on that one, which usually goes against my grain. The extra roominess from the pleats combined with the lightweight linen make the already loose fitting pants a tad too sloppy-looking for me.

ineffable

Reaction score
out of the two, i'd choose the second. i agree with docholliday's suggestions. i don't particularly like the wide-leg look, but if that's what you're going for then not a bad choice.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd go for number two, and I agree with DocHolliday regarding the width.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Thanks all. Looks like I'm going to go with the Gazzarrini, hemmed to a normal length. Going to have to send home a foot locker full of clothes when it's time to get out of here
cool.gif

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd go for the first one, because it's a cleaner look and I prefer cotton/linen blend than pure linen. The other one is nice too, much more casual.

!luc

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
5 year old necropost. Nice.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Wow. I got the second pair, and beat the **** out of them in the DR. In 2007.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads