• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Which other colors of Jack Purcells are worth looking at?

kookydooky

Reaction score
Only black or white ones seem too look good, occasionally a brown one

What do you guys have and what other colors are worth checking out?

ashenwreck

Reaction score
I kind of like the light grey leather ones that came out recently.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I already own their shoes in black and white so I would go with grey as the next color to get. Maybe navy blue (if they even sell that)

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own at least 12 pairs of both black and white, some are still in the box as back up (I like my shoes to look clean). I just copped a pair of grey, brown and navy, I think grey is my most favorite color because they work with everything...

jqbomb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
I own at least 12 pairs of both black and white, some are still in the box as back up (I like my shoes to like clean). I just copped a pair of grey, brown and navy, I think grey is my most favorite color because they work with everything...

damn... that's stocking up.

FYI for those looking to buy - i have noticed a surplus lately at DC area saks off 5th / neiman marcus last call stores.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jqbomb
damn... that's stocking up.

FYI for those looking to buy - i have noticed a surplus lately at DC area saks off 5th / neiman marcus last call stores.

yeah, i have a shoe hook-up from back in my dunk and sb days. he pretty much gives me a wholesale price for most of my purchases just because he knows i buy my shoes in bulk (6 or more pairs at a time)...

g.re

Reaction score
I have a brown leather pair, Adirondack series if I'm not wrong. They look quite good. I'm now trying to find those light grey leather ones, but here in Italy the US 12 is so rare.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I saw a cool pair of washed green ones at Von Maur, but they were 70$.

I like the blue a lot.

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
What is the difference between Purcells and Chucks? Seriously.

Joshua Arson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Egdon Heath
What is the difference between Purcells and Chucks? Seriously.

Jack Purcells are padded, and more like a traditional sneaker, and are thus slightly clunkier. Also, the black line that goes around the top of the sole of Chucks is only on the toecap of the Purcells, creating what's referred to as the "smile."

Personally I think the "smile" looks kind of silly, so I only own Chucks.

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joshua Arson
Jack Purcells are padded, and more like a traditional sneaker, and are thus slightly clunkier. Also, the black line that goes around the top of the sole of Chucks is only on the toecap of the Purcells, creating what's referred to as the "smile." Personally I think the "smile" looks kind of silly, so I only own Chucks.
Thank you. Interesting when you say that a Jack Purcell is more like a traditional sneaker since I've always thought a Chuck Taylor All Star was the traditional sneaker. It's somewhat older I believe. As am I. Have been wearing Chucks since I was 10 and I'm 6 times that now. But never tried a Jack Purcell. James Dean liked them I've heard.​

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 84 17.6%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 154 32.2%
  • 8”

Votes: 139 29.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 54 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.3%