• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Which offers more strech? Pique or Jersey cotton?

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not Shirtmaven but I prefer pique because weave is more open than jersey so it feels cooler. I also like the texture of pique more for a polo. Pique is stretchy enough for me.

Keith Taylor

Reaction score
Would you recommend this fabric over pique for making a polo shirt?
I live in long sleeve polo shirts, and I occasionally like to wear one beneath a sportcoat (a polarising look that has spawned lively debate here in the past). For that purpose I prefer piqué, not only because the texture looks more interesting to my eye but also because it tends to hold a collar shape more firmly than jersey. Most of my favourite polos are piqué, but when I'm feeling hungover and low effort I'll always grab for a jersey because they're softer and more comfortable.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have polos in pique and jersey. I think both are good for different reasons. Not sure if I have a strong opinion of one over the other but one of the nice things about jersey is that, when made into a polo, it can look a bit more like a fine gauge sweater. I think there's room in a wardrobe for both materials.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.