• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which of these suits shld I get?

Verniza

Reaction score
Hey fellow SF pioneers, I need your suggestions on which suit I should get.

This is my 1st suit and it is going to be used for presentations to rope in potential investors when I kick start my business venture. I was wondering which of these will best represent the image of a young, gutsy and tenacious entrepreneur?

I'm hoping this suit will last me for years, preferably about 4-5.

I'm a 38S/R, jacket length should be about 30inch BOC usually.

Choice A:

http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?tskay=451A93B0&cod10=49121220LF&sts=&dept=

Choice B:

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/CARUS...B0/rr/1/cod10/49121721KO/sts/sr_clothingmen80

Choice C:

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/ISAIA...B0/rr/1/cod10/49121199RI/sts/sr_clothingmen80

Choice D:

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/CORNE...B0/rr/1/cod10/49120999AD/sts/sr_clothingmen80

I personally like A but I'm afraid it maybe too striking.

Thank you Sirs, I'm forever in your debt :worship:

Rolex Luthor

Reaction score
They all look too fashion-forward for your stated purpose of being viewed as businesslike and enduring for several years. Jacket length is too short and button position is too high. Of the four, I thought A might be the most professional looking, but my recommendation would be to visit your local Brooks Brothers.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A solid grey Isaia suit "too fashion forward"!?!? Get out of town!! What have you been smoking??

I would pick C (the solid grey Isaia), but right now it says it's sold out.

I would say A is the second "nicest" but it's a bit high-impact (could be for better or for worse if you're trying to "rope in potential investors"; would they like a Wall Street impression of you?), while D isn't too bad but I dislike tonal stripes, especially in navy blue.

B is the one that I think should be avoided at all costs. You could probably make do with any of the others in your average suit-appropriate situation, but that one's fairly ugly.

Last edited:

Verniza

Reaction score

They all look too fashion-forward for your stated purpose of being viewed as businesslike and enduring for several years. Jacket length is too short and button position is too high. Of the four, I thought A might be the most professional looking, but my recommendation would be to visit your local Brooks Brothers.

Haha I thought the same. After trying on the Fitzgerald 1818 striped navy I was satisfied til the price tag smacked me right in the face. USD1200 for the 1818 over here. Far cry from the BB price in the US.

A solid grey Isaia suit "too fashion forward"!?!? Get out of town!! What have you been smoking??
I would pick C (the solid grey Isaia), but right now it says it's sold out.
I would say A is the second "nicest" but it's a bit high-impact (could be for better or for worse if you're trying to "rope in potential investors"; would they like a Wall Street impression of you?), while D isn't too bad but I dislike tonal stripes, especially in navy blue.
B is the one that I think should be avoided at all costs. You could probably make do with any of the others in your average suit-appropriate situation, but that one's fairly ugly.

DANG I just checked back and saw indeed the ISAIA got snapped up. @#$%

I guess I had a bit of pot but it shouldn't be too bad right? Kidding! Right I shall avoid B like the plague.

OttoSkadelig

Reaction score
from the cut, i can tell that both A and D are corneliani's "leader" model. the "leader" has an excellent cut, with a reasonably slim yet forgiving body, a slightly padded yet defined shoulder, and perfectly-proportioned lapels.

i'd go with D, then A. the tonal stripe of D adds enough texture to make it subtly more interesting than just another navy suit.

i wouldn't go with the Caruso. usual recent Caruso problem of body that is disproportionately short, plus the stripes are borderline a bit loud for a first suit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads