• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which of these sandals should I go with?

jasong

Reaction score
I'm looking at some nice, extremely comfortable sandals to wear with khaki shorts etc. I'm wholly unfamiliar with quality shoe brands. Can anyone comment on these suggestions? Anything else I should be looking at? Which option is more flexible for wearing with different outfits?

Thanks for any and all advice!

Mephisto 1:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/560246/c/5778.html

Mephisto 2:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/34346467/c/325.html

Ecco 1:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/30422274/c/1206.html

Ecco 2:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/30422283/c/2024.html

selbsttatig

Reaction score
What is so hard about using the small questions thread? Are you really that incapable?

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are all fairly hideous. I never understood the concept behind wearing sandals that wouldn't look out of place on a Roman gladiator.

Stick with flip flops. If you get nice pair, they should be quite comfortable.

jasong

Reaction score
Originally Posted by selbsttatig
What is so hard about using the small questions thread? Are you really that incapable?

I'm new here and obviously didn't see that pinned forum. But thanks for being a complete asshole about it.
sarcasm.gif

jasong

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Those are all fairly hideous. I never understood the concept behind wearing sandals that wouldn't look out of place on a Roman gladiator.

Stick with flip flops. If you get nice pair, they should be quite comfortable.

Thanks for the feedback. Are those brands I listed worthy of consideration?

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Birkenstocks are the only way to go for comfort sandals. Zurich, ramses, athen, boston (or arizona if your lazy). Avaliable in nice leather aswell.

Deluks917

Reaction score
I would strongly suggest you not buy any of those.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally like Teva's. They may not be the sleekiest but they're comfortable. I don't believe in the idea of a "dress" sandal anyways, so they suit my purposes just fine.

thepataphysician

Reaction score
all of those are terrible and no one should ever wear birkinstocks or tevas; they look silly. Grown men wear shoes. Sandals are for the pool, beach and public showers.

datasupa

Reaction score
How about buying the one you yourself judge to be the one you like most.

Plus, why would you conclude sandals are universally a no-no, when some people said they like sandals? Looks like your newbness isn't limited to fashion.

jasong

Reaction score
Originally Posted by datasupa
How about buying the one you yourself judge to be the one you like most.

Plus, why would you conclude sandals are universally a no-no, when some people said they like sandals? Looks like your newbness isn't limited to fashion.

Wow...I'm on a roll here!

2nd thread ever and I've already caught two snarky asshole'ish comments. I was initially offended but after a quick look of your posting history it seems that snarky quips are your M.O. Either that or it's impossible to be both a decent human being and a fashion conscious person. I think I'll stick to just reading....

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some people here tend to be a bit snippy, but don't let that discourage you from posting.

I don't know why you want strangers to decide what footwear you should buy though. That's not how you develop personal style. You will get more respect here if you show that you have your own opinion.

I'm not a big fan of sandals myself and the models you linked to in your first post are particularly unattractive. Like SuperBobo suggested, you may want to take a look at Birkenstocks because they have a history and produce quality products.

The whole sport-sandal look makes me cringe and think of fat American tourists.

selbsttatig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jasong
I'm new here and obviously didn't see that pinned forum. But thanks for being a complete asshole about it.
sarcasm.gif

I don't care that you're new. It's just annoying to have five new worthless threads cluttering up the main page because the OP's were too lazy to look to see if there was somewhere more appropriate for their question.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now everyone let's be a bit more nice and understanding to newcomers. Just because they make a small mistake doesn't mean we should smartass all over them.

Anyways, like said before, all the first shoes you posted are pretty hideous. They are the stereotypical fat American tourist/middle age balding man type of shoes.

Stick with flip flops, cheap or expensive, only for when you need them (shower, pool, beaches, etc) otherwise the other ones you posted should be fine. Also boat shoes are a good choice too for dock/boating related activities.

Just curious, what exactly are you looking for? Just an everyday shoe or something specifically for water-related activities? If it's the former then the two later examples are fine. If it's the latter I suggest cheap flip flops.

PS: I also thought the whole point of a style forum was to promote discussion; whether talking about intricate denim details or it's giving advice to newbies (who *gasp* might actually take it!).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads