1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Which of the top 50 WAYWRN posters do you think have bad taste?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Bellum

Bellum Senior member

What percentage of the people who voted for me based their vote on one particular outfit or one particular sportcoat, I wonder? Or based their vote on their dislike of my "Internet personality"? [​IMG]

To be fair it was more like 5 or 6 outfits in addition to the one you're thinking of, a few pairs of shoes, a deerskin bag, etc, etc.

2. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

At this point the top 10 should be put up for the bad taste championship. Make it a public poll so we can all insult (er, provide constructive criticism to) each other out in the open.

Also, the same list of 50 should be put up for good taste, followed by the top 10.

Done.

3. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

To be fair it was more like 5 or 6 outfits in addition to the one you're thinking of, a few pairs of shoes, a deerskin bag, etc, etc.

Deerskin bag? Bad taste? That bag is sex, son.

I think someone should gather 4-5 outfits that are considered bad taste from each of the top 10 members and start a new thread.

4. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

i can list the outstanding posters, and the rest is for the remainder pile

great:
    ist66
    yfyf
    docholliday
    mafoofan
    maomao1980
    phatguido

good:
    voxsartoria
    tc houston
    triniboy
    obscurity

there may be omissions of names i dont see as often

5. Big A

Big A Senior member

Prizes:

kitonbrioni 151 - boots made of nutria suede, or perhaps human skin? (Vox, can you call your people and have some sent from Boston's skid row?)

Mr. Moo 136 - Off the rack Rubinacci coat made of asbestos tweed (thus, flameproof)

SoCal2NYC 99 - Matching velvet eyepatch and grocery bag set, preferably bedazzled with rhinestones; diamond plate flooring for the new place

NewYorkRanger 71 - A big southern plantation owner hat to go with that white suit; a full-time, live in nanny (for the new baby, not for NYR)

SkinnyGoomba 51 - a W-2 from a New Jersey trash management company

Connemara 50 - a girl

PandArts 49 - A crewcut

Holdfast 47 - the camera from Willy Wonka that shrinks things - shoot all suits at 87% due to weight loss (note - I need the same thing)

mafoofan 43 - A seventh pair of Alden Cordovan longwings - one can never be too safe

Neofinitia40 - a bionic knee

6. Sterling Gillette

Sterling Gillette Senior member

What percentage of the people who voted for me based their vote on one particular outfit or one particular sportcoat, I wonder? Or based their vote on their dislike of my "Internet personality"? [​IMG]
    It is possible that some people even based their vote on the fact that you dress like shit. In their opinion, of course.

7. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

It is possible that some people even based their vote on the fact that you dress like shit. In their opinion, of course.

Oh, definitely.

8. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Prizes:

kitonbrioni 151 - boots made of nutria suede, or perhaps human skin? (Vox, can you call your people and have some sent from Boston's skid row?)

Mr. Moo 136 - Off the rack Rubinacci coat made of asbestos tweed (thus, flameproof)

SoCal2NYC 99 - Matching velvet eyepatch and grocery bag set, preferably bedazzled with rhinestones; diamond plate flooring for the new place

NewYorkRanger 71 - A big southern plantation owner hat to go with that white suit; a full-time, live in nanny (for the new baby, not for NYR)

Connemara 50 - a girl

PandArts 49 - A crewcut

Holdfast 47 - the camera from Willy Wonka that shrinks things - shoot all suits at 87% due to weight loss (note - I need the same thing)

mafoofan 43 - A seventh pair of Alden Cordovan longwings - one can never be too safe

LOL this is good stuff.

I'm actually friends with the owner of a NJ trash management company....FUK i'm soo New Jersey. [​IMG]

9. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Prizes:

Connemara 50 - a girl

PandArts 49 - A crewcut

LOL on the crewcut for Poor Pand, he of many hairstyles and many ties.

I have the exact same score as the long-missing Soph....I am in damn good company.

10. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

LOL this is good stuff.

I'm actually friends with the owner of a NJ trash management company....FUK i'm soo New Jersey. [​IMG]

Are you? He must have some interesting recycling stories to tell you...