• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which Nudie fits closest to Dior Homme?

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Howdy all,

I was looking at a pair of Dior Jeans in the dark indigo the other day, and though I love the Dior look on the runway, I felt no real compulsion to spend $500+ chasing it.

Nudie seem to have much better denim quality too, and though the back pockets are a little garish, I can deal.

The primary candidates seemed to be Slim Jim, Straight Sven, and Super Slim Kim.

The SSKs seem a little TOO narrow, tapered more than Dior does, and no chance of fitting that over a chelsea boot.

Of the other two, SJ seems to be a bit closer, if I get it in a very fitted size. Dior are pretty fitted throughout, as I recall, but fairly straight. Ironically, SS looks like it tapers more than SJ.

The photos on the Nudie website are pretty useless, as they're mostly worn really loose and low on the hips, and cuffed.

Obviously I'll have to try them both on anyway, but any pointers would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Eden

RustyRyan

Reaction score
eluxury.com has some plain Dior 21cm jeans(not sure if they're raw or one wash) for $235

viking_mike

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The False Prophet
Howdy all,

I was looking at a pair of Dior Jeans in the dark indigo the other day, and though I love the Dior look on the runway, I felt no real compulsion to spend $500+ chasing it.

Nudie seem to have much better denim quality too, and though the back pockets are a little garish, I can deal.

The primary candidates seemed to be Slim Jim, Straight Sven, and Super Slim Kim.

The SSKs seem a little TOO narrow, tapered more than Dior does, and no chance of fitting that over a chelsea boot.

Of the other two, SJ seems to be a bit closer, if I get it in a very fitted size. Dior are pretty fitted throughout, as I recall, but fairly straight. Ironically, SS looks like it tapers more than SJ.

The photos on the Nudie website are pretty useless, as they're mostly worn really loose and low on the hips, and cuffed.

Obviously I'll have to try them both on anyway, but any pointers would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Eden

i just wanna start off saying if you want dior homme jeans nothing else really fits like them. also if you look at all the runway photos every model wears the jeans slung low on the hips. if you have looked at the nudie site the jeans are not worn really loose. please research before making assuptions from a photo or two. basically if you are just going by the hems, SSK= 19cm DH and SJ= 21cm DH. the SSK is more tight in the thighs and the yoke than the DH 19cm as well with a lower rise. i think if you down sized by a few sizes on a SJ you could get the look you want. or you could try the thin finn which is a mix between the SJ and the SSK. or if you want something really tight you could go with the long john. but if you really want a fit like DH just get a pair becuase there is nothing exactly like it. if you don't want to spend the money for DH jeans your best bet in regards to fit would be the APC cure (not the new one, the old one which i think is called the narrow on apc.fr). other than that if you want nudie you can get the same overall appearance or one similar, but the actual fit won't look the same, but the look will still can be long and tapered with nudie. what is loose about this?
snow.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those aren't loose, but they are definitely worn antifit. Those are about as tight as my jeans get. The other pics in the booklet (the three way pick of the RRDS, for example) are closer to how I actually wear most jeans.

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by viking_mike
if you have looked at the nudie site the jeans are not worn really loose. please research before making assuptions from a photo or two.

I spent about an hour on the site, and there are lots of nice pics. But, the "Fit Guide" part which used to be good for a side-by-side comparison now isn't, as each style is worn in a quite different fashion to the others.

As for actually buying DHs, they're still about half as much as Nudies again, AND the denim just doesn't seem to be as good. Plus, the 21cm's are probably the least "runway" looking style. I think I'll do what Mike says, either get the smallest SJs I can, or Thin Finns.

Thanks for the help guys!

viking_mike

Reaction score
to be quite honest the denim of the japanese made DH jeans is very, very good. also there are quite a few models in the runway shows wearing 21cm (S/S 06 comes to mind). if you are really after that look go with some APC cures. they are by far going to be closest. the denim is also very good with APC and the price is cheaper than nudie. like i said the APC cure is very similar to the DH 19cm cut.

viking_mike

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The False Prophet
I spent about an hour on the site, and there are lots of nice pics. But, the "Fit Guide" part which used to be good for a side-by-side comparison now isn't, as each style is worn in a quite different fashion to the others.
also, that is why the fit guide is there. each cut is gonna look different from every other cut and the overall appearance of each cut will depend on the person's body type.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
but long john is too tight and stretch material. if you want some dh, get dh. or if youre on a budget get apc. if youre really cheap, get some really long jeans and alter the legs to fit properly. thats what i did
182077.jpg
new pics of those up soon tho, as ive adjusted the fit to perfection and the fading.... ohhhh the fading...

chim

Reaction score
i own two pairs of DHs, and i can say that the APC New Standard is almost an exact replica of the fit, except with a slightly lower rise. Don't trust measurements, cause they will confuse you, but I own size 25 NS and size 27 DHs and the fit is almost identical. The cures are even more tapered, and alot of people swear that DHs are a modified Cure cut, but the DHs i've owned have never been that slim in the leg.

Basically to sum it up : just get a pair of APCs, they are amazing

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just curious, does anyone have any pictures of worn-in Diors? There are heaps going around for Nudies (including their website).

Or worn-in APCs for that matter.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tragics doirs(from the other sf)
dior21cm10.jpg

dior21cm09.jpg

dior21cm08.jpg

dior21cm01.jpg

dior21cm02.jpg

dior21cm03.jpg

dior21cm04.jpg

dior21cm05.jpg

dior21cm06.jpg

dior21cm07.jpg

Originally Posted by TragicBliss
Ok here's another update for all the denim perverts out there. I washed my A.P.C. New Standards again. That makes 2 washes so far. One at six months and one just now at about 8.5 months. Take a look:

Deadstock:
apcnewstandard01.jpg

No Wash @ 4 Months:
APC4months01.jpg

Wash No. 1 @ 6 Months:
APCupdate01.jpg

Wash No. 2 @ 8.5 Months:
APCupdate8month2wash01.jpg

APCupdate8month2wash02.jpg

APCupdate8month2wash03.jpg

APCupdate8month2wash04.jpg

APCupdate8month2wash05.jpg

APCupdate8month2wash06.jpg

APCupdate8month2wash07.jpg

http://www.tragicbliss.com
Edited by TragicBliss on May 7, 2006 at 12:47 PM

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they are to protect him from militant tee shirt brands

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads