• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which Nudie fits closest to Dior Homme?

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have been checking out Superfuture, definate food for thought.

I've been looking a bit at Acne raw denim too, I understand that these aren't awfully popular. The cuts were REALLY nice, and cool detailing too, like black rivets, no pocket stitching, very minimal and chic. Their basic dry model was, I think AUD$265, compared to $215-250 for Nudie dry, which I'm not loving really.

But the real question is how well they fade!

(You watch, I'll be back and forth until I have enough saved to pull the trigger on some DHs hehe)

viking_mike

Reaction score
the acne cut that is similar to the DH 19cm is the max...so you would want the max raw. they are pain ********** to fade...they don't fade very well. if you want something that fades well and fits like DH 19cm you can't beat APC. also, DH don't fade all that great either. if you want something just for a good fade i wouldn't bother becuase DH is all about the fit.

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks again Mike! I can't buy APC in Australia, and am a bit reluctant about getting a pair from a brand that I've never tried on or seen in the flesh.

There's a sale on soon where Nudies are being cleared at COST PRICE, so I'll probably hit a pair of either SSKs in a 29" waist, or SJs in 28".

Shall post results!

jstockton858

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The False Prophet
Thanks again Mike! I can't buy APC in Australia, and am a bit reluctant about getting a pair from a brand that I've never tried on or seen in the flesh.

There's a sale on soon where Nudies are being cleared at COST PRICE, so I'll probably hit a pair of either SSKs in a 29" waist, or SJs in 28".

Shall post results!

sooo you willing to get me a pair of nudies at cost? <3

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I'm not sure if everything will be on sale, but that's what was advertised. Last time the place had a sale, a lot of the dry stuff wasn't reduced at all. But, they are way overstocked...

Assuming that cost is about half retail, I'll probably get a pair of both styles, just cos, well, I can. I'll see what there is and let y'all know...

jstockton858

Reaction score
yeah i'm looking for a pair of dry slim jims in 29x34 or 30x34. let me know and ill love you forever

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, the lowdown is this. The only stuff on sale was washed denim, so no cheap dry.

I tried on a bunch of stuff though, and the cut I am feeling the most by far is the Thin Finn. Slim Jim had an annoying line of double stitching down the outside of the leg which just didn't sit right with me.

I tried black Finns, they offered to order some in blue for me. Problem is, per the website, Thin Finns don't seem to come in plain ol' Dry (or the awesome Dry Japan). Only Stretch and Comfort. Ditto SSKs for that matter.

Houston, we have a problem...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads