• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which NON raw/dry denim options?

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So all the denim I have is raw/dry denim or grey selvedge. It seems like all the decent brands focus on raw denim (or grey or black) I am looking for examples of quality distressed denim (not overly gaudy looking like old school old school DIesel) but various colors from lite distressing to what apc's look like after 6 months wear. Brands that came to my mind were:

Acne (i have tried on some of their non raw and I am not to keen on the denim weight/washes)
Nudie (again didnt really like the denim texture and weight of the non dry nudie denim)
Jean Shop maybe? dont know much about these?

So what other brands/washes are out there that you own or want to own, and are not raw/dry/grey/black denim? pics or links would also be helpful.

Orange

Reaction score
Jean Shop PRPS and Gilded Age have some nice predistressed jeans.

*Edit look at Dior Homme too.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
So what other brands/washes are out there that you own or want to own, and are not raw/dry/grey/black denim?

Nada.

But, to be somewhat helpful, 5EP, Kicking Mule, LVC, Corpus, Earnest Sewn have some nice pre-distressed denim. Among the Japanese brands, Eternal and sometimes Edwin do a good job.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Japanese designers take pride in their distressed denim. Mr. Olive, Marka, Factotum, and Hysteric Glamour will be some of the best for great washes and quality selvedge denim. This is my current favorite which is from Man of Moods, http://shop.atsuitokyo.com/scripts/p...detail&SKU=601. I own a pair and love the feel.

Hysteric's Nobu model is made every season, the best damaged jean I have seen for a low rise cut. PRPS makes a similar style in a baggy cut, I think Denim Bar carries it.

repressedm

Reaction score
how do you tell apart good from bad pre-distressed jeans? i thought heavily pre-distressed jeans were hated on here

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by repressedm
how do you tell apart good from bad pre-distressed jeans? i thought heavily pre-distressed jeans were hated on here

well it depends on what you mean by good vs. bad. I meant it in terms of fit, quality, and overall denim. I am sure a good amount of people on the forum think all pre-distressed denim is "bad" in terms of not liking it.

For the most part I am one of those people but I am getting sick of only rocking raw/grey/black denim. I want to pick up a few pairs of 'distressed' denim (meaning anything other then raw/grey/black).

sm2s

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Nada.

But, to be somewhat helpful, 5EP, Kicking Mule, LVC, Corpus, Earnest Sewn have some nice pre-distressed denim. Among the Japanese brands, Eternal and sometimes Edwin do a good job.

eternal... best washes you'll find.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dior puts out good and interesting washes, though I'm not too huge into the distressed ones. I like their overdyeds, wax coateds, etc...

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
RRL + Friends and Family sale = $150

Make sure you try on washed jeans, to check if the knee/leg fades line up

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Dior puts out good and interesting washes, though I'm not too huge into the distressed ones. I like their overdyeds, wax coateds, etc...

Though a completely different fit, I think Notify does the best coated denim out there, for a lot less money. Too bad none of them fit me. Also, Saw some interesting looking Helmut Lang coated jeans, though they are wayyyyy too tapered for my liking.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think somet has some really cool looking "washes". they actually use some type of chemical and do it all by hand. its kinda like they paint the fades on but the chemical reacts with the indigo. idk where they sell them though. and they would probably be upwards of 400 bucks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads