• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which messenger bag.....

mikejones

Reaction score
Opinions on A versus B. Here's A from 2 angles: http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/l...edGraphic1.jpg http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/l...tedGraphic.jpg Here's B front and back: http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/l...rodImagems.jpg http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/l...o/eqzoomms.jpg Pricing is similar and both are about the same size, 11" x 13". The second one ("B") is lined in canvas, the other one is unlined, simply showing the sueded side of the leather. B is a thicker cowhide, however, being approx. 4 oz. in weight.

hnlax

Reaction score
the first, the second one almost looks like a woman's purse.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First one is cool, love the roller buckle.

mikejones

Reaction score
While I agree A is much more attractive, its priced at $450...
frown.gif

Not sure if its worth it...

2sweet

Reaction score
So don't waste people's time by asking for opinions on bags you can't afford.

mikejones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 2sweet
So don't waste people's time by asking for opinions on bags you can't afford.

Are you fighting for the Sarcastic Idiot Arrogant Teen award for SF tonight?

Part of the question was which was better, and was the publicaly approved choice worth the price tag. Should I say it again more slowly for you, sweetie?

Cosmonaut

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikejones

Part of the question was which was better, and was the publicaly approved choice worth the price tag. Should I say it again more slowly for you, sweetie?

no that dude's right. you're not gonna buy the bag anyways even though it is preferred by the people here.

mikejones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cosmonaut
no that dude's right. you're not gonna buy the bag anyways even though it is preferred by the people here.

WRONG. I never said it was out of my price range, **** I could spend whatever I wanted for a bag if I felt like the value was there. I was asking if OTHER people felt the bag might be worth the proprietor's price of $450.

2sweet

Reaction score
Ding! Ding! Ding! Emo post of the night award!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by mikejones

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd prefer the first one, but I think both of these bags are kind of in that awkward 'more formal than a messenger bag, but not quite a really elegant briefcase' territory. I like briefcases to be leather and elegant, and messenger bags to be informal and somewhat rugged. But that's just me.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who cares about the price he wants to pay. You can ask a question because you're interested in which details of a bag people are interested in. Maybe he buys neither one of these bags, but buys one that is similar to the first but cheaper.

Just because people jump all over some random idiots on this forum, doesn't mean every post you don't find interesting was made by someone stupid. Plus, since some of the members do like the first bag, they might make bag buying decisions on what they see.

Jesus. There is no reason to derail a thread, if you think the thread is bad just let it die. Unless humour comes out of it (a la newbie boasting about his True Religions or something along those lines) don't be an idiot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads