• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which Men's Bracelet should I buy?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Here you go.
I've often wondered what Bling-Bling -- and even just plain old Bling -- is all about.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Macallan9
If we are speaking to function, a watch is obsolete. Everyone has a cell phone. It is silly to use function as an argument on a board where we wear ties and pocket squares.

Its function is jewelery, nothing more. Bracelet and watch are aesthetically the same. To say one belongs on men and the other doesn't is just mindless.

There's not much difference in function between a pair of fitted black boxer briefs and a pair of pink lace frilled panties. Both offer some measure of support and cover but I know which one I'll be wearing.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman
There's not much difference in function between a pair of fitted black boxer briefs and a pair of pink lace frilled panties. Both offer some measure of support and cover but I know which one I'll be wearing.
Pink you say? Well, that changes everything.

Macallan9

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman

Perhaps you should look up the meaning of aesthetics before you quote and respond.

W.R.

Reaction score
Rockwell%20in%20Berkshires.jpg
Jack%20Lemon%20River.jpg
Rivington-and-Summerfield.jpg

Kiel James Patrick

u53tepqx2wjcb0vlmf6rz9yhsdka871o.jpg

Omega

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If we are speaking to function, a watch is obsolete. Everyone has a cell phone. It is silly to use function as an argument on a board where we wear ties and pocket squares.

Its function is jewelery, nothing more. Bracelet and watch are aesthetically the same. To say one belongs on men and the other doesn't is just mindless.

I think that this may be an age thing, a bit like untucked shirts, tattoos, etc.

Are you 25+? For many grown-up men, a nice watch is the thing to wear. Bracelets look kiddish. This is a subjective statement, of course.

bjswifty

Reaction score
If we are speaking to function, a watch is obsolete. Everyone has a cell phone.

I actually used to live by this, but until recently I have been wearing watches to work, and find myself never having to reach into my pocket, pull out my cell phone, unlock my cell phone, to then have to screen lock it again, and place it back into my pocket, at most I now only have to pull back my shirt sleeve a bit to tell the time AND the date.

I do agree wearing a watch is like wearing a bracelet, but for me it does serve a purpose.

And when I wear my Invicta 50+mm large faced watch, my friends can even tell the time from across the room!

Macallan9

Reaction score
Originally Posted by epa
I think that this may be an age thing, a bit like untucked shirts, tattoos, etc.

Are you 25+? For many grown-up men, a nice watch is the thing to wear. Bracelets look kiddish. This is a subjective statement, of course.

I'm over 25. I wouldn't wear them either because it looks odd on me, but you see them on italians all the time and it looks good. They're obviously not for everyone, but to say all men shouldn't wear bracelets is rather close-minded. No doubt said by guys that are insecure about people thinking that they're gay.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm over 25. I wouldn't wear them either because it looks odd on me, but you see them on italians all the time and it looks good. They're obviously not for everyone, but to say all men shouldn't wear bracelets is rather close-minded. No doubt said by guys that are insecure about people thinking that they're gay.
I think you fail to see the melodrama in some answers.

I would never say (well, not seriously) that all men shouldn't wear bracelets. That said ... I personally don't think they look good on men ... but that's just my opinion. But ... I'm not going to kick a handsome fellow out of bed for wearing one ... which brings me to your next point.

As for the supposed gay fear ... that's odd ... as I've never associated braclets with gay men ... but rather with tacky men.

Da Luis Vuitton Don

Reaction score
Either this is a troll thread or?????????i dont fckin know but do you think advertising that you get jewelery from Walmart was a wise idea?

get a watch, then move on.at your price range i figure you need to save up for a few years before purchasing any jewelery!Then when you get the money do yourself a favor and go to a jeweler....

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No, I don't think it looks gay. It looks a bit silly on most men. But that is just my impression. This is not changed by the fact that many Italians wear them. Though the avarage Italian probably dresses better than the average of any other European country, I still see a lot of silly things in Italy.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Da Luis Vuitton Don
[W]hen you get the money do yourself a favor and go to a jeweler....
LV's gonna stop giving you your cut if you don't recommend them more.

Da Luis Vuitton Don

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
LV's gonna stop giving you your cut if you don't recommend them more.

i dont think this guy would make it past the security guard at the LV store -_-

btw, this is for your ipad
biggrin.gif

lv_ipad_case.jpg

PTWilliams

Reaction score
Here's a bracelet and t-shirt that up until now, most men probably didn't think they could wear.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads