• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which magazine do you usually read?

godless

Reaction score
Since i'm now getting into this thing i would really know wich magazines you usually read....here i read GQ and Max (another italian fashion magazine) what about You?

seanandnik

Reaction score
I go to a few obscure,out of the way, magazine stores that carry a lot of unusual stuff, Arena ( a fashion mag for men) Vitals, Cargo, GQ, Esquire, Homme, WAD, Black book, there are a few more which I can't remember but will post when I make my monthly trip soon....

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Esquire--it's ridiculously cheap and can have good feature writing. I'm not really happy with the clothing coverage in any monthly magazine, though

And non clothing related:
The New Yorker
Harper's
Smithsonian
Gourmet
Time Out New York
New York Magazine
National Geographic

chocoball

Reaction score
"Men's Ex".....it's a Japanese magazine that published the twin bibles of men's shoes.....World of High End Shoes 1 & 2. The thing is chock-a-block with spreads on high-end men's fashion and stuff. Occasionally I will also read "Vogue Uomo", it also seems to be great in terms of interesting sartoriale content.....but I don't read Italian, so all I can do is look at the funny pictures. Oh, I also read "The Economist", "Wired", "Airline Business", "National Geographic Traveller", "Car", "Octane", and some miscellaneous S&M-themed Appreciation mags when the wife's not around.....
wow.gif
hehe....just kidding.....

godless

Reaction score
eheheh Appreciation it's just good when wives/girls are not around
wink.gif
eheheh

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Men's Interest/Fashion
~Esquire (actually a very underrated magazine IMO, good writing, inventive layouts, definetly not marketed to my generation though)
~GQ (only the Style and Man of the Year issues, it's mostly fluff pieces now...)
~Toro (great Canadian men's magazine, and well written articles, 10x better than GQ)
~Men's Health (great sitting on the can material)

Business/Ideas
~Harvard Business Review (freakin' expensive but some excellent research)
~Fast Company (kind of lost its way in recent years, used to be so much better)
~The Economist (you can't really beat it)
~Wired (one of the best magazines out there)

Automotive
~Evo (best car magazine, always interesting stuff and amazing photography, especially compared to American publications)
~Car
~Road & Track (Out of American car magazines the only really decent one)

And obviously if I'm in 1000 magazines in NYC, a whole lot more...

Aaron

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sports Illustrated

Golf Digest

Vanity Fair (depending on the articles inside)

Atlantic Monthly (my favorite these days, to be honest)

New Yorker (always objectively great, but hit or miss for me)

GQ, Vitals, Esquire only when perusing the magazines at the drug store.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
we subscribe to:

gq, esquire, mens fitness, mens health, mens journal, men's world (an indian magazine), british gq, saveur, gourmet, cooking light, simple living, Upper Crust (an indian magazine) parents, family fun, newsweek, the economist, new yorker, new york, time out new york, hudson valley, new jersey, sales and marketing management, fast company, business Europe, African Trade, Selling Power, Black Belt, and a half dozen woman's magazines along the lines of cosmo.

we get the local newspaper and the New York times, and usually read Haaretz and the Herald trib on line.

I find that my brain doesn't handle books as well as it used to, so magazines are lighter reading.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I subscribe to GQ, Men's Health, Vitals, Motor Trend, Fortune, Golf, SKI, Skiing, This Old House Magazine, Wine Spectator and Bon Appetite.

I also read regularly Architectural Digest, Esquire, Cargo, Men's Journal, T&L Golf, ESPN Magazine, Forbes, Business Week, New York Magazine. (Most of these I get free from work)

As for Newspapers, I subscribe to the New York Post (easy reading for my train ride). I also get the Wall Street Journal at work as well as Women's Wear Daily and DNR.

My wife also gets her 6-10 magazines like Self, In Style etc.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The nonwork-related magazines my wife and I subscribe to are:

Road & Track
Car & Driver
Washingtonian
Gourmet
Cooks Illustrated
Forbes
New Yorker
Wine Advocate
Wine Spectator
International Wine Cellar (Tanzer)

Etruscan

Reaction score
New Yorker

Down East

Cook's Illustrated

Sports Illustrated

Country Life

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In order of time spent reading...
1) The Economist
2) The Atlantic Monthly
3) Harper's

Periodicals:
1) NYT
2) The SF chronicle (for humor)
3) The Washington Post
4) Ha'aretz & Al Jazeera upon recommendation from a daily reader

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In order of time spent reading...
1) The Economist
2) The Atlantic Monthly
3) Harper's

Periodicals:
1) NYT
2) The SF chronicle (for humor)
3) The Washington Post
4) Ha'aretz & Al Jazeera upon recommendation from a daily reader
do you get hardcopy haaretz? if so, where?

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope, sorry GT.

NCT <-- Grad Student.  Grad students are poor, thus, we rely on the internet for our favorite news.

One of my classmates served in the IDF and another is a practicing Muslim who follows the Mideast relatively closely, so I learn by osmosis. I would call around to the specialty bookstores and check out subscription information. I know my Jewish buddy in NYC had a print edition at least once or twice in the past year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads