• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which magazine do you usually read?

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LA Guy,

No disrespect taken. I realize we are not the fashion leaders in denim anymore and haven't been for some time. We work with the business that we have. We have been developing some better product as of late so hopefully you will see more things you might be interested in.

That being said I think it depends on what kind of info auto90403 is looking for. If he wants to know what is happening in the industry with companies and such then I think DNR and WWD give some pretty good insight. If he wants to know future trends etc. then I agree there are many other options to consider many of which you detailed.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LA Guy Posted on Jan. 27 2005,17:21
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
topcatnyc,

True words. Personally, though, I've only ever been able to stomach 3 articles about Warnaco before needing a shower.

How do you think I feel? I worked here throughout that. Thankfully I wasn't at all involved in any of those articles.

I can tell you that with new management in place it is a much different and better, IMO, place to work. There have been a lot of changes for the better.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Washington Post Weekly Edition
Sporting News
many professional journals
occasional issue of GQ and Esquire, but I find them focused on marketing rather than education. And their marketing seems focused on younger, trendier readers than I.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
zjpj83, (Off the top of my head) thats a 275, right? Jon.
yes, it's a 275 GTB Competizione Speciale. Only 2 were made. Here is the other, s/n 06885. It is my favorite car in the world. (It is also one of the most valuable in the world.) The owner was offered an extremely large amount of money this summer and turned it down.
6885.275GTBC.001.jpg

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sunday New York Times
Gramophone
BBC Classical
The Tracker
Instrumentalist
Ann Arbor Observor (monthly magazine)

fashion magazines--perused on the rack when visiting Borders

In the back of my mind, I think that I miss the old "M" magazine.

Metal Circus

Reaction score
I've been buying men's fashion magazines at random lately. The last one I picked up was FANTASTIC MAN, from the Netherlands. The fashion part was pretty lackluster - a six-page spread on all-leather outfits, four unwearable grey suits, and two interesting interviews. It's a little artsy for my taste and a little skimpy on the overall content but on the whole, it's the best impulse purchase of a mag I've made so far because the writing doesn't feel like an advertisement or take an absurd, patronizing tone (Even Menswear is guilty of this.) I haven't decided if it's worth 28€ for two issues a year when there's so little fashion content but it's not a bad read. Do you have any other suggestions for more niche publications?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Economist (Just started Subscribing)
Time
Esquire (Soon to Subscribe)
Details (Used to Dislike but its growing on me)
GQ (Easy to flip through, cant say I love after its drastic changes)
Automobile
Car
Washington Post
Wall Street journal (As often as possible)
Financial Times
Vitals Man (until it was discontinued
frown.gif
)

La Grinca

Reaction score
chocoball said:
"Men's Ex".....it's a Japanese magazine that published the twin bibles of men's shoes.....World of High End Shoes 1 & 2. The thing is chock-a-block with spreads on high-end men's fashion and stuff.
I agree that Men's Ex is a worthwhile "look" most months even if you can't understand the limited amount of text. Anybody figured out how to take out a subscription given their web page is in japanese?

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Economist
The New Yorker
Old House Journal
Seed
Connecticut Magazine
Hartford Magazine
Occasionally, GQ, Esquire, XXL, and the Robb Report

Newspapers
Financial Times
New York Times
Occasionally, the Hartford Courant

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I read Jet Magazine, Pleasures Of Cheese Magazine, Giant Robot, Mary Kate And Ashley Magazine, Fortean Times Frontier, and Playboy.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Modern Ferret

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics